ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Supporters Club Coach to Dartford - updated by ollieToday 10:07Today at 10:07:02view thread

Oldest article: Saturday's match v Burgess Hill Town by www.kingstonian.com9/11/2018 12:00Fri Nov 9 12:00:34 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Jamie Lawrence on Enfield by BedfordshireK25/11/2018 11:25Sun Nov 25 11:25:53 2018view thread

Re: Leigh on Wingate

By Alastair21/11/2018 18:12Wed Nov 21 18:12:54 2018In response to Re: Leigh on Wingate

Views: 641

I just can't let this version of events become the narrative.

When Leigh was appointed, people questioned:
1. The appointment process - this wasn't laid on Leigh, this was up to the directors;
2. His immediate signing using transfer fees of two of his Whyteleafe players - very fair to question, especially given how it turned out;
3. His statements/interviews at the time of the appointment - again fair, as at least one included an outright lie about his record at Whyteleafe, presumably a lie stated by someone who felt he had to exaggerate his previous performance. You might call that chippy.

People did not have a go at Leigh! I was at Hendon away and it was one of the best atmospheres home or away for many a year.

People started to question what was going on due to the 'revolving door' as you put it. This wasn't just a 'frustrating' experience for supporters; for me personally, and I'm sure others, it was the worst few months I have EVER had watching K's. That was down to the manager and the manager alone.

Coming into this season, there was expectation for two reasons: firstly, we have a big budget, big enough to sign players from under the noses of our rivals; secondly, the manager himself was talking up our chances. So fans were right, and are right, to have high expectations this season.

Giving him credit for "fixing" the Paul Dale situation is ridiculous. This wasn't just an issue with a coach not getting instructions across to players; in Leigh's own words it means we "wasted" pre-season. How on earth can you waste pre-season when you've written off the entire previous season preparing for this one? I can't give him credit for 'fixing' it, because we won't get the points back we dropped in August and September, and we won't get the money back from our early FA Cup exit either.

Where I do agree he gets a lot of credit is the appointment of Jamie Lawrence, and our current run of form. He signed excellent wingers, moved to 4-4-2, and the team has a clear pattern of play. Well done to him and long may it continue. He also has an excellent contacts book, and that's very useful at this level, provided it's used when needed, not every week.

As it stands I still think he's been more negative than positive, but OF COURSE I do not wish him to fail. I desperately want him to succeed, and I'd love nothing more than to be proven totally wrong. But he has a LONG way to go this season to get himself in credit in my book.

Edited by Alastair at 18:16:18 on 21st November 2018

reply to this article | return to the front page

9 people like this 9 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Leigh on Wingate by reximus21/11/2018 20:05Wed Nov 21 20:05:47 2018

Previous thread: Leafleting At Chelsea Women’s Match by John Bangs9/11/2018 22:25Fri Nov 9 22:25:30 2018view thread