Re: So let’s ask the manager
I don't buy into the player safety element - other clubs do it, and we did it for years.
In terms of player recovery, it in turn just gives us less time later in the week ahead of the Saturday game. If anything, it was and should have meant we would be sharper in our Monday games than opponents who weren't used to the quicker turnaround.
There's players and their availability too. The Wednesday night matches surely plays havoc with the scheduling of training. A Tuesday game means training on a Thursday but a Wednesday game probably means training on a Monday - that's a mix of four different nights. Playing Mondays meant we could always train on Thursdays.
Then there's the whole point about fans and crowds. Wednesdays clash more than ever with the Champions League now with its split fixture weeks. It's a massively popular and exciting competition - the matches over the last couple of nights have shown that - so why would we choose to clash our home games with it. Add to that, people are more likely to have plans as the week goes on, whilst Mondays there's far less to compete with.
To me, it's a no brainer. We played on Mondays for years and it worked well. Dynan had lots of bad ideas - Wednesdays was just another of them.
Edited by ali.kazemi at 08:40:39 on 7th March 2019
Next article in this thread: Re: So let’s ask the manager by ollie7/3 10:23Thu Mar 7 10:23:27 2019
- Another amazing Champions League night ... by Taimour6/3 22:49Wed Mar 6 22:49:41 2019 6 peopleview thread
- Re: Another amazing Champions League night ... by Iang7/3 08:48Thu Mar 7 08:48:26 2019 1 person
- Re: Another amazing Champions League night ... by KsOllie7/3 00:39Thu Mar 7 00:39:54 2019 1 person
- So let’s ask the manager by John Bangs7/3 06:51Thu Mar 7 06:51:50 2019 3 people
- Re: So let’s ask the manager by Ali7/3 08:39Thu Mar 7 08:39:27 2019 8 people
- Re: So let’s ask the manager by ollie7/3 10:23Thu Mar 7 10:23:27 2019 1 person
- Re: So let’s ask the manager by K's19607/3 11:49Thu Mar 7 11:49:51 2019