Re: Who should we go for?
It could be time to bite the bullet here.
Dean Brennan was an odd appointment in many ways. Mainly as both he and the budget he's used to operating with seemed well out of the Club's realistic price range.
The same goes for last summer's signings.
Where exactly is the budget money coming from and how long are the sources going to keep providing it?
Might it be time to accept that the Club is possibly in very serious trouble? Getting our bronze lifesaving badge for rescuing a brick from the deep end of the pool would be nice. But perhaps it might be better to admit the Club's swimming skills seem questionable right now and make not sinking the sole priority.
The Club is long-term homeless and the trend of the attendance graph is downwards.
Lots of clubs have failed to survive in that situation.
I'm not sure who might be a good local comparison. Wombles were on a different level. Allen Batsford was Walton & Hersham. Staines were never much cop.
Wealdstone and Hendon might be benchmarks. Annual relegation battles on breadline budgets and clinging on to Step Three for dear life may not be pleasant but they're both still here and now have grounds.
The honours board isn't relevant in the current situation. It's about now.
The trapdoor only moved one point closer yesterday. It still needs to close at a faster rate than that for relegation to become reality. Relegation won't happen.
Without major ££££ to tie-down players for next season, a new manager can do sod all in the way of long-term planning. A short-term Craig Edwards type of appointment would be nice.
From the outside, the Club looks close to basketcase material.
A promising manager looking to move to a bigger club is unlikely to believe any assurances he might be given at an interview.
An experienced old face is the best that can be hoped for.
Next article in this thread: Re: Who should we go for? by SDG17/3 14:10Sun Mar 17 14:10:15 2019
- Who should we go for? by Perth WA Ks17/3 03:24Sun Mar 17 03:24:11 2019 3 people 4 peopleview thread
- Re: Who should we go for? by frankie6817/3 13:04Sun Mar 17 13:04:26 2019
- Re: Who should we go for? by Olde School Ks17/3 13:35Sun Mar 17 13:35:54 2019 2 people 2 people
- Re: Who should we go for? by Suom Ynona17/3 10:11Sun Mar 17 10:11:41 2019 1 person
- Re: Who should we go for? by Gary17/3 09:16Sun Mar 17 09:16:19 2019 4 people
- Re: Who should we go for? by supahoops717/3 09:12Sun Mar 17 09:12:13 2019
- Re: Who should we go for? by Morgs17/3 09:51Sun Mar 17 09:51:05 2019 3 people
- Re: Who should we go for? by SDG17/3 14:10Sun Mar 17 14:10:15 2019 1 person
- Re: Who should we go for? by RichardNW17/3 13:17Sun Mar 17 13:17:48 2019
- Re: Who should we go for? by Olde School Ks17/3 09:35Sun Mar 17 09:35:58 2019 1 person