ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Support from Kingston Carers Network by John BangsToday 21:15Today at 21:15:55view thread

Oldest article: Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk2/2 16:56Sat Feb 2 16:56:55 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Wilson Joins Harris at K's by Football Web Pages.co.uk19/3 09:34Tue Mar 19 09:34:42 2019view thread

Re: Dean Brennan leaves Kingstonian

By MC17/3 13:15Sun Mar 17 13:15:23 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves Kingstonian

Views: 801

Personally I don't think Brennan was a bad appointment, on paper. It's obviously turned out badly but he had a good CV. As for his travelling - well, lots of managers/players travel a long way. If he gave his word that he was happy to do this, then that's fine. Worth pointing out that we have a fan who drives to home matches from Luton and he seems to get home in about 50mins, so it's not too bad.

For me the mistake was still sticking with Leigh. He should have been replaced last summer. We invested hugely in some top players, and there was no justification at all for carrying on with a manager who had shown nothing before Ks, and nothing at Ks. There was also another opportunity to sack him 5-6 games in, after Hastings. That was another missed opportunity.

I kinda get what Brennan was trying - overhauling the dressing room which had become very toxic under Leigh, getting rid of the bad apples and trying some new players ahead of next season.

However we now find ourselves in a complete mess. We are not yet safe from relegation. We now can't even think about 'building for next season' - as we've come to expect, probably 2-3 of these players here now will be there next season. We need someone to come in, do a proper job for a month and that's that. Dare I say, a Craig Edwards figure...

I hope we can just get someone in to get us a performance ahead of next week. We've all been looking forward to Lewes all season and there will be a huge Ks travelling support. Also Met away and the cup is a chance to salvage something from the season. We need to step up and perform.

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Dean Brennan leaves Kingstonian by reximus17/3 14:43Sun Mar 17 14:43:31 2019

Previous thread: KINGSTONIAN VIDEO: RICHMOND ROAD by David Crawt18/3 10:08Mon Mar 18 10:08:48 2019view thread