ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Brilliant Banquet Records by John BangsToday 03:25Today at 03:25:24view thread

Oldest article: Leigh on Worthing by BedfordshireK2/2 19:02Sat Feb 2 19:02:59 20193 people dislike this 3 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Execrable run continues by Iang16/3 16:59Sat Mar 16 16:59:18 2019view thread

Re: Who should we go for?

By RichardNW17/3 13:17Sun Mar 17 13:17:48 2019In response to Re: Who should we go for?

Views: 458

@ Morgs

I think that is a pretty good post. Not convinced the club is a basket case but unless there is a high budget paid out of the directors' own pockets with very little prospect of getting it back, then we are a very average Ryman Premier club in every respect and below average in terms of our revenue generating streams. We therefore should be thinking in those terms. Also if Casuals is not graded for Conference South then splashing the cash seems to create more short term problems. I have no idea what we would have done if we were now play off contenders re the ground for next year.

It was interesting to see on Robert's blog how he felt Brennan was the best of the applicants for the post. People on here said that maybe then we should have waited, but perhaps that is also an indication of the managers who would ever be interested in the job however long we waited.

Obviously we don't know budgets and whether this year's budget was a one off or not and we don't know what the score is with regards to either a deal with Casuals or alternative plans for a permanent home, but it would seem sensible to live within our means in the meantime and perhaps it would be better to be trying to get an up and coming manager and also a more solid squad of permanent players without all the loanees and short term coming and goings. I know Mo Faal wasn't the finished article but to me it was criminal to lose a young and very promising player just because short term loan players were "better". It'd be nice to go to a K's with some regular fans favourites who gave their all.

Meanwhile there's another warning of the dangers of being overambitious as North Ferriby United (village team in Yorkshire) who made it to Conference proper as recently as 2016-17 and FA Trophy winners have just gone out of business, apparently for want of £7,000 (although maybe that was just to keep them going for another month).

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Who should we go for? by Olde School Ks17/3 09:35Sun Mar 17 09:35:58 2019

Previous thread: Will Kim step in again? by Iang17/3 07:15Sun Mar 17 07:15:55 2019view thread