ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Under 18s win 5-0 by K's1960Today 10:04Today at 10:04:32view thread

Oldest article: Levred news by reximus28/9/2018 09:10Fri Sep 28 09:10:11 20186 people dislike this 6 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Execrable run continues by Iang16/3 16:59Sat Mar 16 16:59:18 2019view thread

Re: Who should we go for?

By SDG (SDG (Ks))17/3 14:10Sun Mar 17 14:10:15 2019In response to Re: Who should we go for?

Views: 337

We had a reasonable field to pick from last time - as well as Brennan, Bradley Quinton, Johnson Hyppolite and Jim Cooper were all available - but it's hard to think that we will this time around. Cooper already has another job and I doubt the others would now want to come knowing they were second choice.

Which for me points to Kim Harris as a caretaker until the end of the season and hopefully at that point more managers will become available, even if it means looking at up and coming managers at the level below. He wouldn't be my choice for the permanent role but if nothing else he can organise and motivate a team, as the few of us who were able to make it to Lowestoft away at short notice last season could all testify. It might be just what we need now.

It's amazing, and frustrating, how often new managers come in and just replace half the team without even giving the incumbents a chance. Shouldn't managers be good at coaching and motivating their players to actually improve them? But both Dynan and Brennan walked into mid-table teams, apparently assumed all the players were the problem, and yet both made us even worse than before with their changes. I know Dowse could make some pretty dramatic changes as well at times but at least he gave players a fair chance.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Next article in this thread: Re: Who should we go for? by RichardNW17/3 13:17Sun Mar 17 13:17:48 2019

Previous thread: Will Kim step in again? by Iang17/3 07:15Sun Mar 17 07:15:55 2019view thread