ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: The FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round Draw by KsOllieYesterday 22:14Yesterday at 22:14:23view thread

Oldest article: Whitehawk by a krinkly28/9/2018 09:13Fri Sep 28 09:13:55 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Frank Wilson is appointed as Kim's assistant by www.kingstonian.com18/3 22:26Mon Mar 18 22:26:29 2019view thread

Re: Comet article

By RichardNW20/3 11:12Wed Mar 20 11:12:31 2019In response to Re: Comet article

Views: 465

@ Rex

I accept that an ex manager might be capable of stirring things but it doesn't make any sense for a Director to undermine his own manager just because his mate got sacked- it would be a massive act of self harm for no purpose. Of course that doesn't make the statement false but there doesn't seem to be any logic behind it.

I'm absolutely willing to have an open mind on all of this but the problems I have with the PKK statement, while accepting the possibility it is true or half true, is that there are no quotable names giving examples of what this Director has specifically done. The Comet quote from the manager suggests the same sort of reasons but is exceptionally vague.

What does interfering with player payments mean? Surely it is the board who pays the players anyway and surely they have contracts even if on a game by game basis?

Where are the examples of interfering with selection of players and tactics?

The other thing that puzzles me is that if a manager had a problem with one member of the board, then why wouldn't he have raised this with the rest of the board who I assume are more senior and have put more money into the club? If he had and nothing was done then presumably he'd have a problem with the whole board.

To my mind the obvious explanation is that relationships broke down and tensions developed after an exceptionally bad set of results. I'm open to other explanations but they'd have to be a lot more specific than what has been said so far.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Comet article by The PKK19/3 11:19Tue Mar 19 11:19:03 2019

Previous thread: Twitter Poll by reximus18/3 17:56Mon Mar 18 17:56:41 2019view thread