So, tonight was my 500th game and, having lived in God's County for 19 years now, it does mean a lot to me.
It was fun, because it was just normal. I drank with guys I've known for 25 years. We talked about friends who couldn't make it down tonight but were equally important to our shared journey. I saw and said hello to people tonight that I've never known the names of, but just know them because they're K's. I conversed and joked with new friends on the terrace who I feel like I've known forever. I sang songs with the sons of people who used to teach me songs on the terraces. I talked about my football trips with folk who used to define what a football trip was. I chatted like equal acquaintances with two directors who helped me out tonight. Kim Harris was manager. K's legends were on the terraces. The burgers were lovely. Ex-K's fans / strong sympathisers were in abundance - I hope they'll all be back one day. Programmes ran out as per tradition. The Guinness was awful. I got jealous of old and new mates talking about away games I know I'm not going to make. The cider was palatable. Tolfs. I laughed at the new beermats. I wished more of my old pals were around, knowing full well my own service has been lacking. We lost.
500, not out.
This Is Kingstonian.
22 people 1 person
Next article in this thread: Re: Self K'appreciation by reximus27/3 08:19Wed Mar 27 08:19:14 2019
- Self K'appreciation by ollie27/3 00:52Wed Mar 27 00:52:57 2019 22 people 1 personview thread
- Re: Self K'appreciation by reximus27/3 08:19Wed Mar 27 08:19:14 2019 3 people 1 person
- Re: Self K'appreciation by ollie27/3 11:38Wed Mar 27 11:38:22 2019 8 people
- Re: Self K'appreciation by a krinkly27/3 15:00Wed Mar 27 15:00:48 2019 2 people 1 person
- Re: Self K'appreciation by Iang27/3 12:41Wed Mar 27 12:41:12 2019 4 people 1 person