Re: Non League Final Day
Well done to Chertsey. Got through nine rounds to make Wembley... great achievement... wish 'em well 'n' all... but...
I've been there a few times. Not for four or five years. Diliapidated old ground with character. Not a bad town for an afternoon out. For a place just down the road it's not easy to get to by public transport, which is why I haven't been for a while. I've certainly not been there with more than 40 fans in the ground. A butchers at their team sheet is startling. Some of those players must still be in the £200+ per week bracket. Nick Jupp was impressive at Harrow & seemed to do OK at Barnet. Dale Binns has been around forever but was in National League South until recently. Lubo Guentchev played pro in Bulgarian Div 1 and for Union Berlin, maybe German Div. 3 back then, and was on ££££ when Lowestoft's player of the season in the days they had money. I've no idea who's putting the money in at Chertsey, but it shows there are investors around on the A3/M3 corridor.
- One game from Wembley by a krinkly30/3 13:25Sat Mar 30 13:25:46 2019 2 people 1 personview thread
- Re: One game from Wembley by swindondave30/3 13:45Sat Mar 30 13:45:00 2019 2 people
- Re: One game from Wembley by a krinkly30/3 13:51Sat Mar 30 13:51:03 2019 1 person 1 person
- Re: One game from Wembley by ollie30/3 13:54Sat Mar 30 13:54:12 2019 4 people 1 person
- Re: One game from Wembley by a krinkly30/3 17:40Sat Mar 30 17:40:56 2019 1 person
- Re: One game from Wembley by a krinkly30/3 17:46Sat Mar 30 17:46:11 2019 2 people
- Non League Final Day by a krinkly1/4 10:53Mon Apr 1 10:53:13 2019 3 people 2 people
- Re: Non League Final Day by Morgs1/4 17:35Mon Apr 1 17:35:42 2019 3 people