ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Kingstonian 3-3 Margate by Olde School KsToday 08:21Today at 08:21:28view thread

Oldest article: Richard's archive in the comet by Taimour25/9/2018 18:12Tue Sep 25 18:12:25 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Merstham 2-0 Kingstonian by www.kingstonian.com22/4 17:58Mon Apr 22 17:58:50 2019view thread

Re: Bostik League Premier Division results

By SDG (SDG (Ks))20/4 23:01Sat Apr 20 23:01:24 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division results

Views: 827

Mathematically safe indeed but absolutely no cause whatsoever for celebration, merely for relief, and the true time to celebrate will be at 16:45 next Saturday when we'll finally be at the end of this miserable season. Unlike our last two relegation escapes we haven't even achieved it by turning our form around and winning some games, rather we've just been lucky that our opponents below us have been almost as bad as we have and they've now run out of games. Today was, again, poor with yet another home loss to a team from near the bottom of the league.

This time last season I posted how it was the most unenjoyable season I could ever remember; yet, somehow, this one has managed to trump it, with Dynan and the board raising expectations sky high only for us to endure a dreadful league campaign, the standard cup embarrassments and an overall sense of utter chaos at the club, particularly the Brennan debacle and however many dozens of players we ended up using. Frankly I can't wait for a summer away from football; hopefully the club can use the time to rebuild and improve, etc etc, but having said that both the previous two summers I'll be keeping my expectations well in check.

Edited by SDG (Ks) at 23:02:04 on 20th April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Bostik League Premier Division results by Lesmundo21/4 10:26Sun Apr 21 10:26:46 2019

Previous thread: Non-Footy by K's196022/4 10:42Mon Apr 22 10:42:32 2019view thread