Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up
What I don't get is this "anger".
Disappointment and frustration at several poor seasons is understandable but things getting to the stage where fans are having a go at other fans and having a go at the board just seems OTT. More than anything this has what has been depressing about the season and this forum over the last few months when fans who basically want the same thing are falling out over very little.
What is this anger about? That a team whose support has never been much above 300 since the Conference and is currently homeless without much in the way of a revenue stream is not doing better? Anger at the board for not finding a permanent home in the borough within 2-3 years with £1m to spend? Anger at the board for picking 2 or 3 managers that didn't work out? Anger at lack of communication from the board? Anger at fans for trying to promote the club with a Teddy Bear?
I think the divisions between fans are pretty minor to be honest. There were fans who wanted Dynan gone ages ago and said so loudly. There were fans who probably privately agreed with that view but wanted to try and stay positive rather than build an atmosphere of doom and gloom around the place and just leave that decision up to the board. A board who know what it would cost to get rid of him and what the alternatives might be or a chance that a young manager might just be on a learning curve or simply to not be seen as a sacking club that might make other managers think twice before applying.
I'm sure most fans would like to see more communication from the board and more liaison with fans, but some care about this with a passion while to others it isn't that big a deal. The only thing I really care about is the permanent ground situation and it'd be nice to know more but I'm willing to accept there may be confidential reasons for not saying much at any given time.
And same applies to PKK- I can take a view that some of the things they say or do I don't agree with but I can also be pleased when they do something I do agree with- like running a coach or putting on a great party for the last game at Kingsmeadow and I can respect them as genuine fans even if I don't agree all the time. I don't feel a strong need to slag them off.
Personally I think anger should be reserved for people like Khosla not fans who might have a slightly different view of things or a board who may or may not be getting a few things wrong. I know it is hippie dippie to say "can't we all just get along" but I think it is well worth trying to put your point of view across without resorting to having a dig at other fans in the process because all this does it make everyone more unhappy and achieves nothing.
13 people 2 people
Next article in this thread: Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by a krinkly22/4/2019 16:22Mon Apr 22 16:22:22 2019
- Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk20/4/2019 17:00Sat Apr 20 17:00:49 2019 2 peopleview thread
- Re: Bostik League Premier Division results by reximus20/4/2019 17:16Sat Apr 20 17:16:21 2019 5 people 1 person
- Re: Bostik League Premier Division results by SDG20/4/2019 23:01Sat Apr 20 23:01:24 2019 8 people
- Re: Bostik League Premier Division results by Lesmundo21/4/2019 10:26Sun Apr 21 10:26:46 2019 3 people
- Re: Bostik League Premier Division results by Olde School Ks20/4/2019 19:55Sat Apr 20 19:55:14 2019 1 person 3 people
- Re: Bostik League Premier Division results by a krinkly20/4/2019 21:18Sat Apr 20 21:18:30 2019 1 person 3 people
- Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by John Bangs20/4/2019 21:40Sat Apr 20 21:40:03 2019 3 people 3 people
- Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by KsOllie20/4/2019 23:36Sat Apr 20 23:36:43 2019 1 person
- Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by a krinkly21/4/2019 00:36Sun Apr 21 00:36:33 2019 2 people 1 person
- Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by JohnnyD20/4/2019 23:35Sat Apr 20 23:35:05 2019 3 people 4 people
- Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by RichardNW22/4/2019 11:13Mon Apr 22 11:13:24 2019 13 people 2 people
- Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by a krinkly22/4/2019 16:22Mon Apr 22 16:22:22 2019 1 person
- Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by Paddy21/4/2019 09:32Sun Apr 21 09:32:38 2019 3 people 1 person
- Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by Olde School Ks21/4/2019 07:25Sun Apr 21 07:25:49 2019 1 person
- Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by K's196021/4/2019 10:28Sun Apr 21 10:28:57 2019 2 people