ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: BLOG & VIDEO: Kingstonian FC Vs Enfield Town F… by a krinklyToday 21:23Today at 21:23:01view thread

Oldest article: Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk9/3/2019 16:59Sat Mar 9 16:59:51 20192 people dislike this 2 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Merstham 2-0 Kingstonian by www.kingstonian.com22/4/2019 17:58Mon Apr 22 17:58:50 2019view thread

Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up

By RichardNW22/4/2019 11:13Mon Apr 22 11:13:24 2019In response to Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up

Views: 1145

@ Johnny

What I don't get is this "anger".

Disappointment and frustration at several poor seasons is understandable but things getting to the stage where fans are having a go at other fans and having a go at the board just seems OTT. More than anything this has what has been depressing about the season and this forum over the last few months when fans who basically want the same thing are falling out over very little.

What is this anger about? That a team whose support has never been much above 300 since the Conference and is currently homeless without much in the way of a revenue stream is not doing better? Anger at the board for not finding a permanent home in the borough within 2-3 years with £1m to spend? Anger at the board for picking 2 or 3 managers that didn't work out? Anger at lack of communication from the board? Anger at fans for trying to promote the club with a Teddy Bear?

I think the divisions between fans are pretty minor to be honest. There were fans who wanted Dynan gone ages ago and said so loudly. There were fans who probably privately agreed with that view but wanted to try and stay positive rather than build an atmosphere of doom and gloom around the place and just leave that decision up to the board. A board who know what it would cost to get rid of him and what the alternatives might be or a chance that a young manager might just be on a learning curve or simply to not be seen as a sacking club that might make other managers think twice before applying.

I'm sure most fans would like to see more communication from the board and more liaison with fans, but some care about this with a passion while to others it isn't that big a deal. The only thing I really care about is the permanent ground situation and it'd be nice to know more but I'm willing to accept there may be confidential reasons for not saying much at any given time.

And same applies to PKK- I can take a view that some of the things they say or do I don't agree with but I can also be pleased when they do something I do agree with- like running a coach or putting on a great party for the last game at Kingsmeadow and I can respect them as genuine fans even if I don't agree all the time. I don't feel a strong need to slag them off.

Personally I think anger should be reserved for people like Khosla not fans who might have a slightly different view of things or a board who may or may not be getting a few things wrong. I know it is hippie dippie to say "can't we all just get along" but I think it is well worth trying to put your point of view across without resorting to having a dig at other fans in the process because all this does it make everyone more unhappy and achieves nothing.

reply to this article | return to the front page

13 people like this 13 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up by a krinkly22/4/2019 16:22Mon Apr 22 16:22:22 2019

Previous thread: Non-Footy by K's196022/4/2019 10:42Mon Apr 22 10:42:32 2019view thread