ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Ted Croker by Max Hustwick Teenage Fan ClubYesterday 23:12Yesterday at 23:12:11view thread

Oldest article: Leigh on Worthing by BedfordshireK2/2 19:02Sat Feb 2 19:02:59 20193 people dislike this 3 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Anyone got one of these lying around? by RichardNW28/4 20:49Sun Apr 28 20:49:36 2019view thread

Thank you and goodnight!

By Butler27/4 19:38Sat Apr 27 19:38:32 2019

Views: 2090

It is with great sadness that I find myself writing this post but today was my last game for a while. I feel I have no choice but to withdraw my support and take a break from K’s for the time being.

I’m sure there’s a fair few of you that will be celebrating this decision,also a number of people that won’t really care. But for those of you that do I think I should give my reasons.

I love this club,always will do. It has been a massive part of my life. I’ve grown up watching K’s,made life long friends there and had some of the best days I’ve ever had during my time supporting them. But enough is enough now. Over the last few seasons I’ve found myself enjoying the games I attend less and less, I think it says it all that the game I enjoyed the most this season was our 7-1 battering away at Dorking.

It’s no secret that I don’t attend as many games now as I used to. As most of you will know I now currently reside in Kent,which is a bit of a difference in journey when compared to the 15 minute walk I used to have to get to games. Instead now I face 2+ hours on trains at a cost of £35 before I’ve even started! So on average i’m spending £50-80 a time to attend a game. I honestly can’t think of a time in the last couple seasons I’ve seen that as money well spent.

As much as my time on the terrace is now limited,I don’t think anyone,whether they’re a fan of mine or not,can question the loyalty and dedication I’ve shown to this club over the years.

I started regularly attending games with my Dad at the start of Chapple’s reign and what a time to start! I feel privileged to have witnessed and been a part of the most successful period in the clubs history and look back with fond memories of that time. When I think of where we were then to where we find ourselves now it honestly makes me feel a little bit sick.

I’ve watched us fall from arguably one of the best teams in non league to one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen! I remained loyal throughout so many of our disappointments such as going into administration,the Khosla debacle and finding ourselves homeless. Throughout all of that I still turned up every week proudly displaying my red and white hoops,even going multiple seasons without missing a game,league or cup!

The whole vibe at the club has now completely changed and there seems to be a massive divide between fans. There is a number of K’s fans that I have never liked or got on with personally and vice versa. However that never used to matter because as soon as the whistle went to start the game we were all together. We were all K’s and we’d spend 90 minutes chanting and cheering our team on until the very end,no matter the result! Sadly this show of unity no longer exists behind the goal and hasn’t for some time.

Add to all that the unnecessary ignorance of the board that seem to think it’s ok to not have any communication with the very few remaining supporters this club has. Despite various attempts from several fans trying to get some light shed on the current state of the club,all questions asked remain unanswered with absolutely no effort from them to even begin to put our minds at ease. These guys are meant to be ‘respected’ business men that thinks it’s ok to shun loyal,regular clientele and make no effort to communicate with them in any way.

The club is dying and unlike some of you I can’t just sit back and watch as our once great club fades into nothingness. The lack of vision,direction and fan engagement from the board has resulted in a season with the team nearly battling relegation when we should have been in the mix for promotion. Meanwhile crowds are dwindling, the ground has an empty feel and the atmosphere is dead. We have no permanent home and no plans for one either as far as we know!

The icing on the cake was the unnecessary banning of two my friends. I’ve made it very clear that I don’t condone their actions that day but feel it didn’t have to come to that and maybe wouldn’t have if it was handled better by the club. Banning regular supporters given our ever decreasing fan base is one thing. But to then steal pictures from their Facebooks to make a shaming poster and send this to other clubs is unacceptable. Given the amount of double standards from many others behaviour both recently and over the years it’s clear this is personal. They’ve completely vilified two loyal,passionate fans who have watched K’s right through the shit and at times when you could count the K’s fans at an away game on one hand.

Again,no matter what you think of these guys you can’t deny the dedication they have shown the team over the years and in my opinion they deserved a chance to apologise and be heard out at the very least.

I’ll never completely close the door on K’s. If I could then I’m sure I would but the truth is that I can’t. However a number of significant changes are required before I can fully commit myself to the club again. At the moment it just seems like a massive waste of my time and money that could be better spent at home with my wife and daughter. It’s almost as if the club doesn’t want my support,it certainly doesn’t deserve it right now. It’s noticeable how bad the atmosphere is now at games; non existent. This is how it will continue without myself and others who now feel the same as me.

It hasn’t always been doom and gloom though and I would like to say thank you to the following:

John Butler (obviously)
Bill
Eagle
Rex
Pyro Pete
Little Pete
Cousin George
Johnny D
The Bell’s
Lester,Charlie and kids
Jon Tolley
Fossil
Jimmy Cochrane
Colin Deadman
Steve Thomas
Anthony Hayward
And anyone that ever gave me a lift either to or home from an away game.

As well as sending massive shout outs to:

Geoff Chapple
Alan Dowson
Ian McDonald
Rob Tolfrey
Paul Stone
Dom Lavery
Jase the Ace
Delboy ‘randy’ Riley
Mr Duke
Scottish Scotty
Mr Mog
Yorkie
Charlie
Tim Wells
John & Joyce
Liam Collins
Adam Thompson
Timmy ‘Glass’ Goddard
Gary & Sandra Winters
Radio Jackie Kev
Bradders
Ollie Underwood
Muncher
Matt Carlin
Damo
Foley
Johnny Turner & Dolly
Micky Lager
Beefy
Simon Grier
Gary Ekins
Ali Kazemi
Simon Murray
Essex Lee
Fat Andy
Andre McCollin
Dean Lodge
And of course my brudda from another CWD

So I guess (for now) it’s goodnight from me.

Butz

Edited by Butler at 19:41:24 on 27th April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

14 people like this 14 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Thank you and goodnight! / The board. by supahoops728/4 10:15Sun Apr 28 10:15:41 2019

Previous thread: The board and communication by BedfordshireK28/4 11:03Sun Apr 28 11:03:03 2019view thread