ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Kingstonian 0-1 Bognor Regis Town by www.kingstonian.comToday 22:08Today at 22:08:08view thread

Oldest article: Ladies' Team Sponsor - The French Table by www.kingstonian.com23/11/2018 20:37Fri Nov 23 20:37:58 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Anyone got one of these lying around? by RichardNW28/4 20:49Sun Apr 28 20:49:36 2019view thread

Re: Thank you and goodnight!

By JohnnyD27/4 21:01Sat Apr 27 21:01:59 2019In response to Re: Thank you and goodnight!

Views: 1193

Amen Butz & Pyro. I’ve only been around since 2008 (although I somehow managed to get press-ganged by my lovely father-in-law, God rest his soul, and the Supporters Trust into being the first shirt sponsor for a few years during the Koshla debacle). But I’ve had some of the best days out of my life with you lot.

I’ll never forget that promotion season and falling in love with Dowse’s Ks. I remember bringing the family home early from an Easter holiday in Bavaria to go to Hornchurch away, what became known as ‘The Long Good Friday’. What a day! And there’s been plenty more - The Sutton Utd semi-Final, Boreham Wood play-off Final, and a few too many more to remember.

Pretty much everyone I’ve met at Ks have been absolutely brilliant and I’m surprised that the club as a whole has turned on some loyal and lively fans.

I think 3 or 4 appalling seasons have taken a toll on everyone (although the Tommy Williams reign turned me off completely - the fact that he’s a playing legend aside).

When a club puts more effort into banning a couple of loyal fans (who just needed having a word with) than they do into keeping perfectly decent fans (who are outside the inner circle) informed or inspired or at least engaged then I think the writing is on the wall.

Ks no longer wants a particular type of person attending matches and sadly they haven’t realised that that’s probably only because crowds have dwindled to such a low and subdued level that they stand out more, and it’s been a miserable few years, and it’s much easier to address THAT (non-existent) problem than it is to be accountable for the utter shitshow that this club has become.

The people I’m most disappointed with are the pups. Their silence in response to the banning speaks volumes. Maybe they should have a look at their own behaviour and analyse why they made certain individuals so angry with their keyboard-work. Not being man enough to say something to someone’s face is a terrible failing and one that’s clearly shared by both the pups and some of the board. I don’t believe they have made any attempt to engage with the loyal supporters that they banned. That would actually be very easy to do for anyone with any backbone.

A very, very sad state of affairs.

Lots of people feeling like jacking it in at the moment and the knowledge that there are people at the club who, more than anything else, want them to do so, and never darken the club’s doors again, will (sadly for them) almost guarantee that they’ll be back. Stronger.

When you push hard and unfairly against something which has dignity, decency, and strength - you should never be surprised when the reaction you get is a big push back. Much harder.

It’s a long summer.

Edited by JohnnyD at 21:02:37 on 27th April 2019
Edited by JohnnyD at 21:03:25 on 27th April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

7 people like this 7 people   9 people dislike this 9 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Thank you and goodnight! by trepur28/4 13:42Sun Apr 28 13:42:51 2019

Previous thread: The board and communication by BedfordshireK28/4 11:03Sun Apr 28 11:03:03 2019view thread