ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Macc perfect by swindondaveYesterday 22:51Yesterday at 22:51:16view thread

Oldest article: Ladies' Team Sponsor - The French Table by www.kingstonian.com23/11/2018 20:37Fri Nov 23 20:37:58 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Anyone got one of these lying around? by RichardNW28/4 20:49Sun Apr 28 20:49:36 2019view thread

From the South Coast

By Iang28/4 09:13Sun Apr 28 09:13:09 2019In response to Re: Thank you and goodnight!

Views: 1164

Well we are in a parlous state to be sure.

I decided not to attend any more games this season after my experience at Lewes, I saw fellow Ks squaring up at each other , alcohol fuelled embarrassing behaviour that put our club in such a bad light but I agree the same guys make the noise that can lift the club.

I don't know who is banned and what for - maybe it was at Lewes - dunno. But what I do know is that you can detox from Ks and get on with your life and that is what I have done. It competes like all pastimes with folks hard earned money and spare time, and this is a crusade that folks can and will drop. I have managed 20 plus games from afar and have enjoyed very few. And its not glory hunting as I have been going since 1985 - through thin, thinner and thinnest.

I have got by on the camaraderie in the Royal Enclosure but that is not enough - for now. even my Wife's sponsoring of the game was a poor one and will not be repeated. The strategy of keep your head down and 300 will still come does not wash- we are not endentured surfs.

I do not blame the current board for the big fiscal mistakes from the past but they have made some horrendous personnel, financial and communication mistakes.

My worry is that we will turn into one of those clubs like Wingate that get only double figures and become a curates egg of a club. One train of thought is to keep going and "get behind the lads" but we/I have stuck by that for decades. It is not OUR responsibility we are not officers of the club. A resurrection of the club is possible - look at what has happened at Dulwich and Sutton - NL clubs can grow and flourish in London.

Maybe we can return to KM when the Dons go home , maybe someone invests in the club or it has to be organic growth but something HAS to change - we are a dying as a club but it is salvageable.

I can hear you saying "get involved - be part of the solution" to us nay sayers. Well I cant I am on the south coast starting a new self employed career. But others can - this is still possible - we have our good name and 200-300 fans, that is all Dulwich had.

So Summer off - unlike the original Poster I will return - I spent 60 notes on a new flag :-)

Enjoy your rest you regulars deserve it.

Up the KS

reply to this article | return to the front page

13 people like this 13 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: From the South Coast by Ian Dureden28/4 11:20Sun Apr 28 11:20:28 2019

Previous thread: The board and communication by BedfordshireK28/4 11:03Sun Apr 28 11:03:03 2019view thread