ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Kingstonian in joint charity event with Corinthian… by www.kingstonian.comToday 16:53Today at 16:53:32view thread

Oldest article: Today's programme by Taimour2/2 07:19Sat Feb 2 07:19:20 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Anyone got one of these lying around? by RichardNW28/4 20:49Sun Apr 28 20:49:36 2019view thread

Re: Thank you and goodnight!

By trepur28/4 13:42Sun Apr 28 13:42:51 2019In response to Re: Thank you and goodnight!

Views: 1162

'The people I’m most disappointed with are the pups. Their silence in response to the banning speaks volumes. Maybe they should have a look at their own behaviour and analyse why they made certain individuals so angry with their keyboard-work. Not being man enough to say something to someone’s face is a terrible failing and one that’s clearly shared by both the pups and some of the board.'

I have yet to comment on here about Lewes but I must take issue with this JohnnyD. I spent much more of the game than I would have liked saying things to people's faces - in fact from the moment I got in to the ground I was confronted. Having said that, Butler I think you and I discussed the issue at hand reasonably and I believe that happened again yesterday when you spoke to another 'pup'.

Certain people's actions at Lewes cannot be justified by a couple of jokey tweets from a parody Twitter account, I'm sorry. But as has been acknowledged on here by Rex and Butler, they have admitted they overstepped the line that day so I don't want to harangue them for it. I spoke with Luzio at length in the second half, face to face, and took much of what he said ('I'll fight all of your Clapham mates, every one of them') with a pinch of salt because of the state he was in. He also made plenty of valid points about the state of the club at the moment and I can understand his, and everyone's, frustrations right now. Aside from a couple of months before Christmas it's been a pretty miserable season on the pitch, and questions off it remain.

Regarding the bans, were they deserved? Quite possibly. It is clear to all lines were crossed by some at Lewes.

Could the club have handled it better? Certainly.

Should Merstham have publicised that letter? Absolutely not. They should take all the blame for that.

I think 'the pups' might have been more questionable of the ban if, say, they hadn't been on the receiving end of a good deal of unnecessary abuse via the loudspeakers at Lewes in the first half. Or if people who were not there at Lewes hadn't been called 'c****' that day - ironically very much not to their face. When the opportunity arose to do so three days later, at Met Police, silence.

As was actually pointed out to me at Lewes, I used to more often than not come to K's on my own. Part of the reason I loved it was because I didn't feel like I was on my own. It was a K's family at the ground and behind the goal, where the witty chants created by Rex, Andy, Butler et al made some pretty dire times on the pitch in the mid-2000s bearable. So to see this divide between certain supporters at the moment is a shame.

I think we all need a good summer break. Then, hopefully with a feeling of more direction from the top, along with a better management team and a group of players who want to be at K's, we can pull together next season and remember what makes this club so special.

reply to this article | return to the front page

15 people like this 15 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Thank you and goodnight! by Butler28/4 16:16Sun Apr 28 16:16:44 2019

Previous thread: The board and communication by BedfordshireK28/4 11:03Sun Apr 28 11:03:03 2019view thread