Re: Thank you and goodnight!
'The people I’m most disappointed with are the pups. Their silence in response to the banning speaks volumes. Maybe they should have a look at their own behaviour and analyse why they made certain individuals so angry with their keyboard-work. Not being man enough to say something to someone’s face is a terrible failing and one that’s clearly shared by both the pups and some of the board.'
I have yet to comment on here about Lewes but I must take issue with this JohnnyD. I spent much more of the game than I would have liked saying things to people's faces - in fact from the moment I got in to the ground I was confronted. Having said that, Butler I think you and I discussed the issue at hand reasonably and I believe that happened again yesterday when you spoke to another 'pup'.
Certain people's actions at Lewes cannot be justified by a couple of jokey tweets from a parody Twitter account, I'm sorry. But as has been acknowledged on here by Rex and Butler, they have admitted they overstepped the line that day so I don't want to harangue them for it. I spoke with Luzio at length in the second half, face to face, and took much of what he said ('I'll fight all of your Clapham mates, every one of them') with a pinch of salt because of the state he was in. He also made plenty of valid points about the state of the club at the moment and I can understand his, and everyone's, frustrations right now. Aside from a couple of months before Christmas it's been a pretty miserable season on the pitch, and questions off it remain.
Regarding the bans, were they deserved? Quite possibly. It is clear to all lines were crossed by some at Lewes.
Could the club have handled it better? Certainly.
Should Merstham have publicised that letter? Absolutely not. They should take all the blame for that.
I think 'the pups' might have been more questionable of the ban if, say, they hadn't been on the receiving end of a good deal of unnecessary abuse via the loudspeakers at Lewes in the first half. Or if people who were not there at Lewes hadn't been called 'c****' that day - ironically very much not to their face. When the opportunity arose to do so three days later, at Met Police, silence.
As was actually pointed out to me at Lewes, I used to more often than not come to K's on my own. Part of the reason I loved it was because I didn't feel like I was on my own. It was a K's family at the ground and behind the goal, where the witty chants created by Rex, Andy, Butler et al made some pretty dire times on the pitch in the mid-2000s bearable. So to see this divide between certain supporters at the moment is a shame.
I think we all need a good summer break. Then, hopefully with a feeling of more direction from the top, along with a better management team and a group of players who want to be at K's, we can pull together next season and remember what makes this club so special.
15 people 3 people
Next article in this thread: Re: Thank you and goodnight! by Butler28/4 16:16Sun Apr 28 16:16:44 2019
- Thank you and goodnight! by Butler27/4 19:38Sat Apr 27 19:38:32 2019 14 people 2 peopleview thread
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! / The board. by supahoops728/4 10:15Sun Apr 28 10:15:41 2019 7 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by Ohdear27/4 21:45Sat Apr 27 21:45:17 2019 3 people 2 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by reximus28/4 00:16Sun Apr 28 00:16:31 2019 6 people 6 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by Lesmundo27/4 19:58Sat Apr 27 19:58:44 2019 5 people 2 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by PyroPete27/4 19:57Sat Apr 27 19:57:04 2019 11 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by JohnnyD27/4 21:01Sat Apr 27 21:01:59 2019 7 people 9 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by trepur28/4 13:42Sun Apr 28 13:42:51 2019 15 people 3 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by Butler28/4 16:16Sun Apr 28 16:16:44 2019 4 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by JohnnyD28/4 14:34Sun Apr 28 14:34:22 2019 1 person 4 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by trepur28/4 16:11Sun Apr 28 16:11:10 2019 3 people 1 person
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by JohnnyD28/4 16:28Sun Apr 28 16:28:16 2019 1 person 3 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by Filipo28/4 14:25Sun Apr 28 14:25:45 2019 3 people 5 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by trepur28/4 16:07Sun Apr 28 16:07:52 2019 5 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by Filipo28/4 16:31Sun Apr 28 16:31:07 2019 1 person 7 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by Taimour28/4 13:50Sun Apr 28 13:50:30 2019 3 people 2 people
- Re: Thank you and goodnight! by Olde School Ks27/4 20:42Sat Apr 27 20:42:46 2019 3 people 2 people
- From the South Coast by Iang28/4 09:13Sun Apr 28 09:13:09 2019 13 people 2 people
- Re: From the South Coast by Ian Dureden28/4 11:20Sun Apr 28 11:20:28 2019 2 people 1 person
- Re: From the South Coast by Taimour28/4 09:42Sun Apr 28 09:42:30 2019 1 person 1 person
- Re: From the South Coast by Iang28/4 16:36Sun Apr 28 16:36:17 2019 5 people 1 person
- Re: From the South Coast by K's196028/4 10:24Sun Apr 28 10:24:01 2019 1 person