Re: First Team Manager Required
Possibly the main problem is the question of what the manager's brief will be.
The budget provided last summer suggested promotion was the goal. I'd guess a play-off place would've been par for that budget. What was the plan in the event of promotion having been achieved?
I'm not keeping up to date with recent changes in ground grading regulations, but presumably the Club would have been allowed to go up and had one season's grace to get Tolworth up to scratch for National League South football.
The regulation prohibiting a groundshare being arranged purely to meet ground grading requirements is still in force, isn't it?
Clearly nobody is going to tell a prospective manager, "We don't want to go up" - that would be un-necessary because the ground-grading bridge can be crossed if the Club comes to it - but splashing out on what should be a top-five budget seems injudicious in the current circumstances.
I've said before, it's got to the stage where squirreling the Wombles money in a safe place and trying to hang-on in this division seems the way to go until the ground conundrum is solved.
If the Board can find a bang-average mid-table budget, this looks the way to go. The 11th or 12th highest budget in the division should see the Club safe from a relegation scrap, unless things go badly wrong, and might easily see a play-off push if things go well with injuries & luck.
A run of nondescript mid-table seasons, without an FA Cup run, could see support dwindle further but, as things stand, consolidation at this level, on a prudent and stable budget, seems the logical option. I can't see many prospective managers being put off by that - an average budget is what most work with throughout their managerial careers.
Edited by Morgs at 14:45:53 on 29th April 2019
6 people 1 person
- First Team Manager Required by www.kingstonian.com28/4/2019 13:12Sun Apr 28 13:12:52 2019 3 people 2 peopleview thread
- Re: First Team Manager Required by JohnnyD28/4/2019 14:47Sun Apr 28 14:47:21 2019 5 people 8 people
- Re: First Team Manager Required by Tim30/4/2019 23:22Tue Apr 30 23:22:17 2019 3 people
- Re: First Team Manager Required by Olde School Ks1/5/2019 06:17Wed May 1 06:17:43 2019 1 person
- Re: First Team Manager Required by Alastair28/4/2019 15:26Sun Apr 28 15:26:21 2019 4 people
- Re: First Team Manager Required by reximus28/4/2019 17:04Sun Apr 28 17:04:26 2019 6 people 2 people
- Re: First Team Manager Required by Olde School Ks28/4/2019 21:44Sun Apr 28 21:44:14 2019 1 person 5 people
- Re: First Team Manager Required by Morgs29/4/2019 13:23Mon Apr 29 13:23:37 2019 4 people
- Re: First Team Manager Required by reximus29/4/2019 13:37Mon Apr 29 13:37:10 2019 4 people
- Re: First Team Manager Required by Morgs29/4/2019 14:44Mon Apr 29 14:44:39 2019 6 people 1 person