ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Ks Director to join walk by John BangsYesterday 23:50Yesterday at 23:50:58view thread

Oldest article: Saturday's match v Haringey Borough by www.kingstonian.com12/4/2019 12:00Fri Apr 12 12:00:27 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Strange Question by Olde School Ks1/5/2019 11:51Wed May 1 11:51:53 2019view thread

Re: First Team Manager Required

By Morgs29/4/2019 14:44Mon Apr 29 14:44:39 2019In response to Re: First Team Manager Required

Views: 704

Possibly the main problem is the question of what the manager's brief will be.
The budget provided last summer suggested promotion was the goal. I'd guess a play-off place would've been par for that budget. What was the plan in the event of promotion having been achieved?
I'm not keeping up to date with recent changes in ground grading regulations, but presumably the Club would have been allowed to go up and had one season's grace to get Tolworth up to scratch for National League South football.
The regulation prohibiting a groundshare being arranged purely to meet ground grading requirements is still in force, isn't it?
Clearly nobody is going to tell a prospective manager, "We don't want to go up" - that would be un-necessary because the ground-grading bridge can be crossed if the Club comes to it - but splashing out on what should be a top-five budget seems injudicious in the current circumstances.
I've said before, it's got to the stage where squirreling the Wombles money in a safe place and trying to hang-on in this division seems the way to go until the ground conundrum is solved.
If the Board can find a bang-average mid-table budget, this looks the way to go. The 11th or 12th highest budget in the division should see the Club safe from a relegation scrap, unless things go badly wrong, and might easily see a play-off push if things go well with injuries & luck.
A run of nondescript mid-table seasons, without an FA Cup run, could see support dwindle further but, as things stand, consolidation at this level, on a prudent and stable budget, seems the logical option. I can't see many prospective managers being put off by that - an average budget is what most work with throughout their managerial careers.

Edited by Morgs at 14:45:53 on 29th April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Previous thread: Casuals vs K's Supporters Match - Photos by Stuart28/4/2019 21:12Sun Apr 28 21:12:19 2019view thread