ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Grier's Guide to East Thurrock by MikeYesterday 22:38Yesterday at 22:38:241 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

Oldest article: Ks Beermats back in stock by John Bangs15/3/2019 18:41Fri Mar 15 18:41:04 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: First Team Manager Required by www.kingstonian.com28/4/2019 13:12Sun Apr 28 13:12:52 2019view thread

Re: Casuals vs K's Supporters Match - Photos

By Gary (gekins)30/4/2019 11:27Tue Apr 30 11:27:13 2019In response to Re: Casuals vs K's Supporters Match - Photos

Views: 571

So why add to it?

Because I thought it interesting that any outsider who read through this entire thread would be left with the impression that the match was a wholly positive affair, with no hint of punches being thrown. It was certainly more than "handbags".

And because I'm fed up with some of the people who follow this club acting agressively and obnoxiously, dragging the name of the club through the mud, only to turn around and act all holier than thou when pulled up on it. Your idea that those who were banned after Lewes should have been allowed to apologise and thus not be banned is - to me - ludicrous. No, they shouldn't have acted that way in the first place.

I had a good chat with Butler about all of this on Saturday, and his point was that other people have acted in similar ways in the past and haven't been banned, so to ban people this time round is unfair. I disagree. The people who acted poorly in the past should have been banned then, but that has nothing to do with what happened this time around. People are responsible for their own behaviour.

People claim that the board (who I have no contact with by the way, since the new web site went live) want some supporters to leave and never come back; I have no idea if that's true. Personally I don't really care about who the people are - I don't want to see the behaviour that was on display at Lewes (and in the past) to come back. If that means certain individuals need to be banned then fine; if it means that the club have to pay professional stewards who will step in when flares or smoke bombs are let off, when people disrupt a minutes silence or the myriad of other things that we've all seen, then fine.

I'm not one of those who want a totally benign atmosphere at matches. I swear. I shout at the ref. I get into verbal disagreements with people. But there's a line, and that line has been crossed many times in the recent and more distant past. I, for one, am glad that something has finally been done about it.

reply to this article | return to the front page

17 people like this 17 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Casuals vs K's Supporters Match - Photos by Olde School Ks30/4/2019 12:20Tue Apr 30 12:20:32 2019

Previous thread: The McKinn or Moore hunt by KsOllie30/4/2019 15:25Tue Apr 30 15:25:56 2019view thread