Re: Isthmian playoffs/promoted clubs.
I don't want to get into silly slanging matches on here, but "well run" isn't a term I'd use about many of that quartet.
Horsham, maybe. Didn't seem to be spending ludicrous sums when around the play-off zone up here, largely blameless in the loss of their ground, been quite sensible while sharing at other places, have looked to be doing things professionally in the ground hunt.
The others? Cray were (allegedly) paying far more than Horsham when in the top half of this division. Not been as prudent with the ground hunt either.
H&Y? Hayes were 3rd, just a couple of wins away from the Football League, in the 1st FA Trophy season. Yeading played Newcastle and Forest in FA Cup ties in the mid-noughties. The combined club was well fancied for promotion when getting relegated and the problems with the stadium being (allegedly) almost abandoned when close to completion, then opened and closed again do not smack of competence.
Dorking appear to be getting on well with the local council, but backers with money don't equate to a well-run club... the reverse is often the case!
I'm not knocking anyone, but being "well run" in semi-pro football is almost exclusively a matter of raising finance. That normally consists solely of roping-in directors who'll throw money at semi-pro, mercenary players, who have nothing to do with the community around the area - rather than, say, putting that cash into a local youth facility that would genuinely help the local community - and achieving short-term success without putting the "successful" club on a firm financial footing. (See Hayes FC, Yeading FC and, errrm, one or two others in west London that we could mention.)
- Isthmian playoffs by a krinkly30/4/2019 10:08Tue Apr 30 10:08:27 2019 2 people 1 personview thread
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by Morgs30/4/2019 10:54Tue Apr 30 10:54:11 2019 2 people
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by Ali30/4/2019 11:10Tue Apr 30 11:10:14 2019 1 person
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by Morgs1/5/2019 00:54Wed May 1 00:54:40 2019
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by a krinkly1/5/2019 08:03Wed May 1 08:03:14 2019
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by Paddy1/5/2019 09:33Wed May 1 09:33:34 2019
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by a krinkly1/5/2019 09:39Wed May 1 09:39:01 2019 1 person 1 person
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by BE1/5/2019 09:42Wed May 1 09:42:37 2019
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by Morgs1/5/2019 10:01Wed May 1 10:01:06 2019 1 person
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by SDG1/5/2019 14:39Wed May 1 14:39:30 2019
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by Morgs1/5/2019 22:47Wed May 1 22:47:36 2019
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by BE1/5/2019 10:18Wed May 1 10:18:35 2019 1 person
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by reximus1/5/2019 10:10Wed May 1 10:10:49 2019 2 people
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by Iang2/5/2019 10:38Thu May 2 10:38:32 2019 1 person 1 person
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by reximus2/5/2019 11:34Thu May 2 11:34:39 2019
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by Morgs1/5/2019 22:58Wed May 1 22:58:48 2019 2 people
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by Morgs2/5/2019 00:07Thu May 2 00:07:37 2019 3 people
- Re: Isthmian playoffs by Morgs3/5/2019 22:42Fri May 3 22:42:56 2019 3 people
- Re: Isthmian playoffs/promoted clubs. by supahoops74/5/2019 13:20Sat May 4 13:20:55 2019 2 people
- Re: Isthmian playoffs/promoted clubs. by Morgs5/5/2019 00:09Sun May 5 00:09:41 2019 5 people