ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Where to next! by a krinklyToday 00:31Today at 00:31:41view thread

Oldest article: Leatherhead goals by Taimour19/11/2018 21:30Mon Nov 19 21:30:46 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Players Sponsorship Update by John Bangs8/5 08:34Wed May 8 08:34:21 2019view thread

Re: Bostik League Premier Division result

By Morgs7/5 11:13Tue May 7 11:13:13 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division result

Views: 1623

So, Heybridge win the play-offs but won't be going up.
That's one less club arriving at Step 3 that'd be a cert for the Isthmian.
So that means less chance of K's - or anyone else in the Isthmian Premier - heading west. Bognor are staying put as things now stand.
There might still be a vacancy in the Worzel Gummidge Division if Met Police win the play-offs. Regardless of McKimm or anyone/anything else, I'd rather Tonbridge went up than have the somewhat pointless entity that is Met. Police FC playing as high as Conference South.
I'd much rather K's stayed in the Isthmian. Met Police and Harrow did astonishingly well after the transfer across this season. Hendon dived after missing promotion on pens last May. We can ignore Staines.
I doubt there would be many players deterred by trips to the Westcountry. In days of yore, quite a few good local players stayed in the Isthmian when it was "The M25 League", in preference to getting an extra £50 for schlepping to Durzet, Brum or the Kent coast with a localish club that was in the Southern. However, opposition would be unfamiliar and scouting would be beneficial - and a pain in the bum.
I can see why the FA decided on "points-per-game" as the deciding factor for which play-off winners get the promotion places, but it still seems daft.
Yep, super-play-offs and long schleps at that level would be difficult but it would be more logical. I would like to think that promotion for the "unlucky" play-off winners will take precedence at various AGM Cup presentations over reprieves for clubs due to be relegated. I would like to think that the FA has its fingers crossed for there to be enough AGM Cups awarded to allow all the play-off winners to go up.

Edited by Morgs at 11:13:41 on 7th May 2019
Edited by Morgs at 11:14:15 on 7th May 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Bostik League Premier Division result by BE7/5 14:39Tue May 7 14:39:06 2019

Previous thread: Murphy season review by Taimour8/5 16:59Wed May 8 16:59:57 2019view thread