ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: v Farnborough by CoachYesterday 18:22Yesterday at 18:22:25view thread

Oldest article: Leatherhead game on 22 September postponed by www.kingstonian.com9/9/2018 18:33Sun Sep 9 18:33:17 20182 people dislike this 2 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kingston Beer Festival by Olde School Ks15/5 10:20Wed May 15 10:20:59 2019view thread

Re: Message to the Board

By Alastair13/5 11:41Mon May 13 11:41:43 2019In response to Message to the Board

Views: 2656

A brave and well-timed post krinkly, and I feel I must comment to back you up.

When we moved to Leatherhead I cancelled my season ticket.
When we let Leigh Dynan stay in charge for this season, I refused to participate in Boost The Budget.
When the banning of loyal fans was handled in such an insensitive and incompetent way, I actively didn't go to the last two home games of last season.

At this point, the whole situation is so depressing that I have no idea if I will have the motivation to be back in August.

What is so, so sad is that the four directors have clearly actively chosen to 'close ranks', and communicate even less with fans that they were doing before people's frustrations boiled over. I can understand why they did this - nobody likes being abused, and I personally regret that I played my own part in that - but it represents a huge failure of leadership.

You may feel you are owed an apology by some of us. That's probably fair. But please, please re-engage with the supporters. We are the lifeblood of this club, because this club has nothing else - literally nothing else! We have no assets apart from our name and our fanatical 300-odd hardcore fans. You need us to want to be involved, to want to volunteer, to want to ask our friends and family to sponsor matches or sponsor shirts. At the moment it seems like you are actively managing the decline of this club.

That is so depressing - because two of the four of you are Kingstonian supporters through-and-through, and the other two of you have put loads of money into this club, making you K's fans as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't you rather a happy club all pushing in the same direction? This club has so many talented and dedicated people in its fanbase. Why not tap into that? There is so much we could achieve together.

The current journey has only one destination at the moment, and that's the slow death of this club. Change course before it's too late, please.

reply to this article | return to the front page

12 people like this 12 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Message to the Board by Paddy13/5 14:55Mon May 13 14:55:14 2019

Previous thread: Crowd problems in Hampshire by BE14/5 09:17Tue May 14 09:17:47 2019view thread