ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: K's Supporters Club appoint a Women's Liaison … by John BangsToday 22:01Today at 22:01:33view thread

Oldest article: End of season Awards by KsOllie9/4/2019 14:58Tue Apr 9 14:58:10 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Vase Final Half Time by a krinkly19/5/2019 13:17Sun May 19 13:17:35 2019view thread

Re: Newslink :A compromise solution?

By John Bangs19/5/2019 07:41Sun May 19 07:41:37 2019In response to Re: Newslink :A compromise solution?

Views: 5652

Hi Gary

Sorry for delay in replying as I was out for much of yesterday. As you and Jon ask,I will let you know what my involvement was and what I know of the decision making process.

Firstly just to comment on the statement that Directors do not read the Forum. I don’t know if this is literally and entirely the case. Mark and John have certainly told me that they have not read the Forum for quite a long time. If Yioryos has stopped reading the Forum this is a recent development. The point is that it is not part of the Directors role to read the Forum or to respond to posts on the Forum and they do not do so.

I personally provide the club with some financial backing and although this does not make me a shareholder, from time to time I am involved in discussions with Directors . I did make an observation to John Fenwick when discussing recent events that the auto posts from the club might potentially be thought to create an appearance of the Forum being a semi official site.

John subsequently told me the Directors were considering ending the auto update feature.The decision was made by the Directors following discussion with some club officials. They did not consult the Supporters Club in case anyone was wondering. There was clearly some input from others as the comment about other independent forum not having club news links is not something I know about as I only ever used our own clubs forum.

This may not make anyone who disagrees with the decision any happier but I hope it answers yours and Jon’s questions as to what I knew about this.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Newslink :A compromise solution? by JohnnyD19/5/2019 14:57Sun May 19 14:57:43 2019

Previous thread: WEBSITE NEWS STORY ALERT MANUAL FEED POST DISSEMINATION by Taimour19/5/2019 08:39Sun May 19 08:39:21 2019view thread