Re: England tonight
England played ok in patches, but struggled in the centre of the pitch allowing the trio of VVD, De Ligt, and De Jong to control the game. While there were individual errors last night our midfield struggled and is the main reason why we are a semi final team at best. We will always do ok because we have top quality forwards and wide players with pace and quality. Our midfielders are short in three areas 1) showing the ability and hunger to get on the ball and give options, mainly down to poor body positioning/movement, 2) lack of guile and creativity, 3) lack of movement or rotation which can make up for the deficiencies in the other two areas.
I think we maybe should look at a 3-4-3 to give Stones and Maguire some extra cover. Saying Kane and Alli are spent forces is absolutely hilarious, they are not even in their prime. Also, stop using a man on the line at corners, especially against a team with the aerial dominance of Holland. Look at the teams who defend set pieces best and look at how many defend with a player on the line, probably none.
Until we start producing top level midfielders who can control the game we will remain a semi final team at best.
Edited by Lesmundo at 13:20:07 on 8th June 2019
4 people 2 people
- England tonight by BE6/6 16:41Thu Jun 6 16:41:41 2019 3 peopleview thread
- Re: England tonight by old and grey7/6 16:35Fri Jun 7 16:35:53 2019
- Re: England tonight by Olde School Ks7/6 06:57Fri Jun 7 06:57:19 2019
- Re: England tonight by Alastair7/6 12:21Fri Jun 7 12:21:54 2019 5 people
- Re: England tonight by BE7/6 13:59Fri Jun 7 13:59:24 2019
- Re: England tonight by Iang7/6 12:11Fri Jun 7 12:11:32 2019 1 person
- Re: England tonight by BE7/6 12:12Fri Jun 7 12:12:46 2019
- Re: England tonight by Iang7/6 12:15Fri Jun 7 12:15:32 2019 1 person
- Re: England tonight by Lesmundo8/6 13:14Sat Jun 8 13:14:38 2019 4 people 2 people