ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: SUNDAYS PROG by timToday 13:52Today at 13:52:53view thread

Oldest article: Defence by BE4/2 11:24Mon Feb 4 11:24:56 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The first day of pre-season by www.kingstonian.com1/7 13:09Mon Jul 1 13:09:25 2019view thread

Updates to K's archives

By RichardNW27/6 09:38Thu Jun 27 09:38:28 2019

Views: 1978

Done a couple of updates to the K's archives:

1890-1893 season as Kingston Wanderers-

http://www.kingstonianhistory.co.uk/Pre%201918/1890-1893/Season%20Review-1890-1893.htm

There's not that much going on- just friendly matches with one appearance in a charity festival game played at Richmond Road which was at the time the ground of Kingston Rugby Club. We get a write up on a K's legend- the only K's player to kill someone during a game (too soon?). I suppose I shouldn't joke as it's a sad social history story that says much about the quality of medical care at the time. Also one for Taimour where Old Centrals (Wimbledon) hold a committee meeting to decide that the result of their game against Kingston Wanderers Reserves was a draw and not a defeat. Who made them God? Our official record is a win for Kingston Wanderers, but both us and the Wimbledon history site do have an asterix against the score!

Also looking at the web traffic I've realised that what people really want to see is programmes and pictures so I have added a badly designed gallery of photos up to 1970 that mainly cover the social history side of the club- crowd pictures, a compliment to David Crawt's photos of Richmond Road with old pictures that show the ground in some detail as well as a few old team photos and the two Amateur Cup finals.
I've tried to make pages with titles that group similar photos together and sometimes that has been a bit random just to make up a page worth. There was one page "Women of Kingstonian", that I wasn't too sure about as it combines some women who put their life and soul into the club with cheerleaders and Miss Kingstonian but it did give me a page worth of photos and the people I have shown the gallery to so far haven't raised any issues but I'd welcome feedback if this seems inappropriate.

http://www.kingstonianhistory.co.uk/Gallery/PhotoGallery.htm

reply to this article | return to the front page

7 people like this 7 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Updates to K's archives by tim29/6 17:09Sat Jun 29 17:09:52 2019

Previous thread: Red seats by Taimour27/6 13:08Thu Jun 27 13:08:02 2019view thread