ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Tonight by supahoops7Today 20:50Today at 20:50:55view thread

Oldest article: Leafleting At Chelsea Women’s Match by John Bangs9/11/2018 22:25Fri Nov 9 22:25:30 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: When Saturday comes. by supahoops78/8 06:58Thu Aug 8 06:58:37 2019view thread

Re: Supporters Club Minibus Transport

By Peter Borrett7/8 15:04Wed Aug 7 15:04:34 2019In response to Re: Supporters Club Minibus Transport

Views: 436

The issue of coach travel to away games and start point was discussed at the agm two years ago. I don’t have a interest as I do not live in the area so will look at this impartially.. I accept that some things change over a couple of years. The first issue is whether to have various pick up points or go from one place. If we take the Hornchurch away game as an example. According to AA route planner the journey time via central London is 1 hour 28 mins but via M25 is 1 hour 17 mins. The first route would go via Kingston Vale and the second Tolworth. If the pick up was on route then would add little to the time but if the pick up(s) were not on route could add upto 30 mins to the journey. Different away games would have different routes out of Kingston so difficult to set standard arrangement.

Maybe the supporters club should ask how many people would use the coach if there was a pick up point.If those people stated the area they lived then maybe a concensus maybe reached as to the best location for a pick up.

The other issue is whether the current start point is the best. I understand that the advantage is that there is parking and near to the town centre. Is there another option that ticks the boxes?

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Supporters Club Minibus Transport by Olde School Ks7/8 19:00Wed Aug 7 19:00:23 2019

Previous thread: Boost the Budget 2019-20 by www.kingstonian.com7/8 10:38Wed Aug 7 10:38:53 2019view thread