ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Grier's Guide to the 2014-15 Season by www.kingstonian.comYesterday 21:21Yesterday at 21:21:27view thread

Oldest article: Signings? by supahoops71/6/2019 13:24Sat Jun 1 13:24:36 20196 people dislike this 6 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division results by Football Web Pages25/2 19:46Tue Feb 25 19:46:16 2020view thread

Re: Worthing match report

By Suom Ynona24/2 12:28Mon Feb 24 12:28:46 2020In response to Re: Worthing match report

Views: 501

The red card seemed very harsh to me. Their striker beat Osbourne to the ball and in the process hit the ball away from goal and towards the left side of our penalty area/their right wing. It was just outside the area and was a foul, but for me it was never a red.

The open goal was a bad miss. Gus (I think) robbed their midfielder whilst they were trying to play out from the back. He released Eddie down our right who cut in and squared it to Coker across the six yard box, who then scuffed his effort wide of the post. Their keeper did fly out at him and may have put him off, but really you'd expect most players to put it away.

The penalty seemed like a penalty to me. Eddie beat their player down the wing and cut into the box, their left back was the wrong side of him and brought him down. Might have gone down a little easily, but it was a silly challenge and none of their players complained at the time.

It was a really good performance overall. With 11 men we controlled most of the opening 20 minutes and were very unlucky not to score when Cooper's header came back of the inside of the post. Even with 10 men in the first half we seemed to be causing most of the problems, but the wind was making it difficult for them to get back up the pitch. Second half was mainly in our half, but we defended very well and didn't really concede many opportunities. Was definitely a point gained in the those circumstances, but was also a little frustrating given the three opportunities that were missed.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Worthing match report by Filipo24/2 08:27Mon Feb 24 08:27:17 2020

Previous thread: Thoughts on Worthing Game by Stoney24/2 12:34Mon Feb 24 12:34:47 2020view thread