ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ground development by LiamKsYesterday 13:22Yesterday at 13:22:17view thread

Oldest article: Hayden interview part 2: Macclesfield and... Truro… by BedfordshireK5/11/2019 15:12Tue Nov 5 15:12:46 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Zoooooooooom....! - UPDATED Mon 4th May by www.kingstonian.com4/5/2020 18:08Mon May 4 18:08:18 2020view thread

Blast from the past 01

By Butler13/4/2020 13:17Mon Apr 13 13:17:11 2020

Views: 8936

From pure boredom along with wanting you to remember why you love your club so much,I got in touch with a few club legends to list some of the memories which made it special for them also. Will be posting them daily starting with today’s blast from the past, former K’s centre back Adam Thompson.

Best K’s memory: It would have to be last game of the championship winning season away at ashford. League was in the bag so I emptied one of the water bottles before the game and filled it with a bottle of vodka and topped up with red bull. We put abit of black tape on the bottle so we knew which one to ask for during the game. It tastes awful. Was even funnier when Bobby traynor forgot and squirted himself in the face with vodka 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. We also played pass the coin during the game which somehow turned into £1.80 when Lodgey handed me it. If there’s a video of that game you will see Max Hustwick have possession of the ball, drop the pound coin and then start looking for the coin whilst trying to protect the ball. Just brilliant.

Also the playoff win against Sutton and the victory over cray to clinch the title I will never ever forget.

Worst player you played with: Bless him but Johnny Neal took forever to score.

Best player you played with: Max Hustwick. Probably the complete opposite of me as a player but what a footballer. Never mentioned for his speed but was quick. As skinny as a rake but never outmuscled. Brilliant in the air and could play. Fantastic player.

Most memorable game: The playoff win against Sutton. Those are the games you want to be involved with. Outstanding atmosohere and I also scored the best goal of the game too which makes it extra special.

Worst trainer: Bashiru Alimi. Haha obviously a joke. Probably Dean Lodge but can forgive him because come matchday was an absolute magician.

Favourite K’s song: Alan Dowson is a wanker

Favourite K’s fan: Too many to pick one out. Honestly and incredible bunch and forever grateful to the ones who made it to my white collar boxing fight. Honestly that meant a lot and I hope to make that up to you guys some day.

Best memory of K’s fans: Winning that title against cray at kingsmeadow is my favourite football memory ever. It was unbelievable. The fans singing and drinking into the car park just an incredible time. Even returning to games every now and then and hearing you still sing my name is amazing. Love you guys.

Random player stories: Struggling with this one tbh Butz. Il see if one comes to me.

reply to this article | return to the front page

15 people like this 15 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Blast from the past 01 by Iang16/4/2020 10:50Thu Apr 16 10:50:31 2020

Previous thread: Grier's Guide to the 2010-11 Season by www.kingstonian.com3/5/2020 14:18Sun May 3 14:18:28 2020view thread