ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ground development by LiamKsYesterday 13:22Yesterday at 13:22:17view thread

Oldest article: Hayden interview part 2: Macclesfield and... Truro… by BedfordshireK5/11/2019 15:12Tue Nov 5 15:12:46 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Zoooooooooom....! - UPDATED Mon 4th May by www.kingstonian.com4/5/2020 18:08Mon May 4 18:08:18 2020view thread

Blast from the past 02

By Butler14/4/2020 14:42Tue Apr 14 14:42:04 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 01

Views: 3984

Today’s blast from the past is someone who definitely deserves the label of Kingston legend! Tough tackling midfielder Bashiru Alimi.

Best K’s memory: I’d have to go for the 2010 win at Sutton, was always such a hard place to go to and them being such bitter rivals made it that much sweeter!

Worst player you played with: Wouldn’t like to say.

Best player you played with: This is another tough one. Was lucky enough to play alongside some good guys with a few even going onto have decent pro careers. Some of the names that spring to mind are; Lance Key, Tim Sills, Mark Beard, Dave Clarke, Danny Bolt, Craig Rocastle, Mazin Ahmed, Martin Lee, Scott Steele, Giles Coke, Bobby Traynor, Adam Thompson, to name a few but for me, my best player was Maurice Harkin. Just his speed of thought and feet were brilliant.

Most memorable game: This is a tough choice between my debut back in 2001 (1-1 draw vs Hitchen Town), Surrey Senior Cup win against AFC Wimbledon in 2006 and of course the Semi final playoff win against Sutton in 2010.

Favourite K’s song: The one about me.

Favourite K’s fan: So many passionate and loyal K’s fans who dedicated so much of their time to the club. Hard to pick one particular fan out. Names that do spring to my mind is yourself, Ali and Rex.

Final thought: Would like to mention a couple of big personalities over the years! Steve Sedgley had such knowledge about the game and some great stories about his playing days. Also Thommo, great guy who had a big influence on the team both on and off the pitch, who really should have gone onto play at a higher level. Tony Reid was another funny guy who lifted spirits and someone who could definitely handle themselves on the pitch!

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   

Next article in this thread: Blast from the past 03 by Butler15/4/2020 16:23Wed Apr 15 16:23:58 2020

Previous thread: Grier's Guide to the 2010-11 Season by www.kingstonian.com3/5/2020 14:18Sun May 3 14:18:28 2020view thread