ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Almost The Nations Grandfather by Haver of thoughtsYesterday 23:32Yesterday at 23:32:36view thread

Oldest article: a feature on K's (and Ted) by Taimour19/11/2019 14:31Tue Nov 19 14:31:34 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Zoooooooooom....! - UPDATED Mon 4th May by www.kingstonian.com4/5/2020 18:08Mon May 4 18:08:18 2020view thread

Blast from the past 08

By Butler20/4/2020 20:23Mon Apr 20 20:23:47 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 07

Views: 4665

Our blast from the past today was our captain during the clubs most successful period of all time, being the first one up the steps to lift the trophy on both occasions. The one and only...Matt Crossley.

Best K’s memory: Getting to lift the f.a trophy as captain at Wembley twice.

Best player you played with: I played with some great players but the best was definitely Dave Leworthy. Even if he didn’t play towards the end, he was still great in the changing room.

Worst player you played with: Cant really answer this one because I don’t think we had a bad player in my time there, Geoff put a good team together over the 3 years.

Worst trainer: Simon Stewart, thought he was a No.10 in training, plus Terry Evans, never trained but always produced on the pitch, as did Stewie.

Favourite K’s song: Que sera,sera whatever will be will be,we’re going to Wembley que sera sera.

Favourite K’s fan: Jack Goodchild.

Best memory of K’s fans: Cheltenham away in Trophy Semi final, you were brilliant.

Random player story: Colin Luckett could impersonate all of the players voices and was always stitching everyone up. Very funny in a changing room environment.

Final thought: I had 3 great successful years at the K’s, 2nd two as captain, with memorable moments, lifting the F.A. Trophy twice, we couldn’t of done without the team spirit from the players, the board and most importantly the fans. I know the times are a bit tough at the moment, but football wise I’m sure good times will be back, remember those 3 magical years, and dream it all might happen again. Best wishes to everyone and keep safe.

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   

Next article in this thread: Blast from the past 09 by Butler21/4/2020 16:17Tue Apr 21 16:17:02 2020

Previous thread: Grier's Guide to the 2010-11 Season by www.kingstonian.com3/5/2020 14:18Sun May 3 14:18:28 2020view thread