ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: How dare you..... by KsualsToday 06:37Today at 06:37:10view thread

Oldest article: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division results by Football Web Pages16/11/2019 17:18Sat Nov 16 17:18:52 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Captain Tom by K's196030/4/2020 16:36Thu Apr 30 16:36:53 2020view thread

Re: Weaving In and Out Episode 4: Chris Kelly Interview

By Iang28/4/2020 12:27Tue Apr 28 12:27:18 2020In response to Weaving In and Out Episode 4: Chris Kelly Interview

Views: 1902

Excellent as always - I must say this club is keeping us entertained and informed and included far better than most pro clubs - superb.

I went almost every home game( and 100s of away) throughout his time there as a player, manager, CEO etc. His voice and demeanor is that of someone who was singled out ( some would say rightly) for criticism - the frustration for history to be told is tangible. How poisoned he is to us now is very telling - "bumming a living down at Tolworth" "end of Kingstonian" are particularly telling. If Bumming means getting to the 2nd round proper and on football focus - with a great squad and superb manager ( and background team) is a minor miracle not bumming. With a current squad Budget of probably less than Dave Leworthy's wages ( he was worth it!) - a miracle it certainly is.

He makes some good points and was so close as to share at least some credit and blame in turn. A very good player and a taciturn, unapproachable manager. I used to love the actual V stated crowd lotto we used to play back then :-) Once again he would shoulder the inferred blame - probably unfairly.

I could name many many great memories that don't involve the 2 Wembley wins but he couldn't because the call for pleasant recollections was not what he wanted to convey as he is still scarred. And that is a shame.

If he reads this - I hope he can recall the good times and park the bad for a while - We are NOT Bumming and certainly not dead yet!

Up the Ks

Sussex Ks

reply to this article | return to the front page

6 people like this 6 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Weaving In and Out Episode 4: Chris Kelly Interview by reximus28/4/2020 14:32Tue Apr 28 14:32:55 2020

Previous thread: Interviews by Peter Borrett29/4/2020 13:18Wed Apr 29 13:18:38 2020view thread