ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hayden Bird interview by Peter BorrettYesterday 21:50Yesterday at 21:50:46view thread

Oldest article: Kingstonian Flags by John Bangs10/11/2019 05:45Sun Nov 10 05:45:43 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: WIAO Episode 5: Simon Cooper and Ollie Cook by Taimour6/5/2020 07:48Wed May 6 07:48:26 2020view thread

Re: All Time Ks XI

By Butler4/5/2020 22:37Mon May 4 22:37:29 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XI

Views: 6703

This is a topic I’ve thought about a lot over the years and for me you can’t argue with the facts. Our second season in the conference 99-00 was without doubt the best K’s team ever! Finishing 5th, our highest ever league position which would have been a play off place had they had them back then, as well as winning our second consecutive F.A Trophy.

1. Farrelly
2. Mustafa
3. Luckett
4. Crossley
5. Stewart
6. Harris
7. Patterson
8. Pitcher
9. Akuamoah
10. Leworthy/Simba
11. Wingfield

What a team that was!!

My post conference Best K’s XI would be:

GK: Rob Tolfrey - Pretty sure I don’t need to explain this one.

RB: Aaron Goode - Despite the fact he tried to pick a fight with me...TWICE! I can’t deny he was a quality player.

LB: Steve Symes - This guy was a beast, not the biggest of players but he certainly didn’t mess about. Although Fabio could well find himself occupying this space in the near future.

CB: Adam Thompson - At centre back, definitely not right back! Best defender in the league promotion season. Solid as a rock.

CB: Julian Sills - Fantastic leader and reader of the game, was outstanding 05/06 season.

RM: Mazin Ahmed - This guy was pure class! To curl in two corners in one season is pretty special. Shame he left the club the way he did.

LM: Dean Lodge - If you know, you know!

CM: Dave Clarke - An absolute warrior, always got stuck in. Covered so much ground and had a fierce shot on him as well.

CM: Simon Huckle - A few candidates for this one but in the end I’ve got to give it to Hux. Always gave 100% for the team and brought half the attendance with him.

ST: Tim Sills - Not only a fantastic goal scorer but he seemed to make whoever was up front with him play better too. I didn’t rate Sadler at all until Windows came and seemed to bring the best out of him.

ST: Bobby Traynor - What can I say? An absolute goal machine! You could always rely on Super Bob and he’d certainly be the one taking the pens!

Subs:
Jon Coke
Tommy Williams
Carl Wilson-Denis
Martyn Lee
Lance Key

Probably a few players that should be in there that I’ve forgotten about but I’ll stick with this for now.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: All Time Ks XI by supahoops75/5/2020 10:04Tue May 5 10:04:43 2020

Previous thread: Weaving In and Out Podcast Episode Five by www.kingstonian.com6/5/2020 11:06Wed May 6 11:06:20 2020view thread