ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ban on away supporters by Nick GarlandYesterday 19:41Yesterday at 19:41:58view thread

Oldest article: It's coming home by Ohdear27/6/2019 22:07Thu Jun 27 22:07:07 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: VIDEO: My Macclesfield adventure by David Crawt4/6 20:17Thu Jun 4 20:17:57 2020view thread

Re: Here We Go

By SDG (SDG (Ks))1/6 19:00Mon Jun 1 19:00:45 2020In response to Re: Here We Go

Views: 601

I agree. I don't think there is any way that non-league resumes before professional football does (with crowds) and might be some time after. For starters, if we were on and the pro game was behind closed doors then non-league clubs would be swamped by fans - we saw this already when some leagues shut down a week later and there were massive crowds at Dulwich and South Shields. Social distancing on the terraces would be unenforceable.

Premier League clubs have huge financial ties around long player contracts, transfer fees, sometimes stadium debt, they'll be incentivised to get the games on, even if conditions aren't ideal. Non-league is the opposite, it's a money drain at the best of times and clubs won't want to play unless they can minimise their losses - that means all the fans wanting to come, including those in vulnerable categories, it means the bar being open, it means owners' businesses being back on a level footing. Even looking optimistically at how the country might recover from coronavirus it's hard to see any of this happening until there's a vaccine.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Here We Go by Olde School Ks1/6 21:52Mon Jun 1 21:52:12 2020

Previous thread: Grier's Guide to the 2014-15 Season by www.kingstonian.com30/5 21:21Sat May 30 21:21:27 2020view thread