ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Looking for a Silver lining by Perth WA KsToday 04:10Today at 04:10:26view thread

Oldest article: Grays Athletic game on Sunday is off by www.kingstonian.com20/9/2019 14:53Fri Sep 20 14:53:17 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The K's of Juevan Spencer by Football Web Pages8/7 11:02Wed Jul 8 11:02:29 2020view thread

Re: Ban on away supporters

By SDG (SDG (Ks))8/7 15:57Wed Jul 8 15:57:17 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supporters

Views: 1182

I think that's unfair on the board, who I'm sure would want to prioritise the club's core support over Premier League fans and groundhoppers. I think your idea could be workable - yes, there's a cost and there's bureaucracy, but then there's cost and bureaucracy to what all businesses are having to do if they open at the moment. But it's only by having these sort of conversations that clubs will start thinking through all the implications and whether things are workable or not. For non league to restart it needs to be safe without being either too expensive for the clubs, or so restricted that it's not fun and nobody wants to go. That's not easy.

I appreciate Rex sharing the league update and up to a point I have sympathy that they need to wait for the Government green light. But I think the game could be far more proactive in thinking now about what a safe return could look like. The Government will at some point say you can return with x per cent capacity, or a crowd no bigger than y, but they aren't going to come up with specific detailed guidance for non league and even if they did, they don't know non league better than the clubs, managers, players, fans etc. So this should really be being discussed now.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Ban on away supporters by Nick Garland6/7 19:41Mon Jul 6 19:41:58 2020

Previous thread: Juevan Spencer by www.kingstonian.com7/7 15:45Tue Jul 7 15:45:09 2020view thread