ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ground development by Nick GarlandToday 07:34Today at 07:34:05view thread

Oldest article: Hayden interview part 2: Macclesfield and... Truro… by BedfordshireK5/11/2019 15:12Tue Nov 5 15:12:46 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Elliott Buchanan by BE2/8/2020 18:47Sun Aug 2 18:47:50 2020view thread

Re: Test events

By RichardNW1/8/2020 10:26Sat Aug 1 10:26:12 2020In response to Re: Test events

Views: 532

It is strange. Even though cases are low in Wigan we have been caught up in the Greater Manchester area restrictions so we can't see the MIL in the back garden but we can go to the pub or the gym and we can go on holiday. I suppose part of this is about the economy as the MIL doesn't spend money in our back garden and perhaps the risk (quite right as it turns out) that they'll end up in the house whereas pub social distancing can be monitored.

In answer to your question I'd be one of the few who would stay away- a combination of at risk people in extended family and the thought of a 6 hour round trip with the leg to London being 2 hours of presumably having to wear a mask non stop. If I was local and walking to the ground it would be different.

One thing I would love to see and perhaps this might help if the season is disrupted is whether there was any way of the club providing a paying streaming service. I have no idea on the tech requirements but it was great to see the Sullivan & Pascoe live games last season and would happily pay the equivalent of a season ticket if something could be set up- doesn't need to be the same quality as S&P as long as you can clearly see what is going on. Any ideas what this would cost for the gear as a brief internet search doesn't suggest it is too high but not sure what the quality would be?

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: Old Friends in Big Trouble by a krinkly3/8/2020 12:40Mon Aug 3 12:40:59 2020view thread