Confirmed by Ollie Bayliss, BBC non-league reporter, that it doesn't. I was expecting that - the previous law only allowed groups for up to 30 so non-league wasn't covered by that either. I assume the principle is that at non-league - or any business enforcing social distancing as it should be - not everyone at the venue counts as a 'gathering' but rather lots of mini-gatherings, socially distant from each other.
But nonetheless it already feels like the chances of this season passing off as normal are slim. With positive tests increasing, more and more players will inevitably test positive leading to games getting called off. Local lockdowns are on the increase, which will surely stop games going ahead with fans (and we know behind closed doors is financially impossible). 300 people have just been told to self-isolate after an outbreak at a charity game in the North East.
I really don't know why last season was called off, it could have been postponed until now and we might have had a chance of restarting, getting the last ten or so games played, and then taking stock on what the new season might look like. Instead it feels like they've gone for the ideal scenario but we'll most likely end up with two disrupted seasons in a row.
Next article in this thread: FA Statement by John Bangs10/9/2020 18:03Thu Sep 10 18:03:21 2020
- Erm by reximus8/9/2020 23:57Tue Sep 8 23:57:39 2020view thread
- Re: Erm by SDG9/9/2020 17:33Wed Sep 9 17:33:23 2020 2 people
- FA Statement by John Bangs10/9/2020 18:03Thu Sep 10 18:03:21 2020 2 people
- Re: FA Statement by supahoops710/9/2020 18:57Thu Sep 10 18:57:04 2020
- Re: Erm by Olde School Ks9/9/2020 19:13Wed Sep 9 19:13:26 2020
- Re: Erm by Paddy9/9/2020 08:33Wed Sep 9 08:33:24 2020 3 people 3 people
- Re: Erm by supahoops79/9/2020 08:30Wed Sep 9 08:30:36 2020
- Re: Erm by John Bangs9/9/2020 13:04Wed Sep 9 13:04:05 2020 4 people
- Re: Erm by supahoops79/9/2020 13:33Wed Sep 9 13:33:08 2020
- Re: Erm by supahoops79/9/2020 09:05Wed Sep 9 09:05:06 2020
- Re: Erm by Olde School Ks9/9/2020 08:46Wed Sep 9 08:46:29 2020 2 people
- Re: Erm by a krinkly9/9/2020 02:12Wed Sep 9 02:12:56 2020 2 people
- Re: Erm by Ksuals9/9/2020 04:46Wed Sep 9 04:46:07 2020
- Re: Erm by Olde School Ks9/9/2020 07:33Wed Sep 9 07:33:30 2020 4 people 4 people
- Re: Erm by old and grey9/9/2020 15:35Wed Sep 9 15:35:01 2020
- Re: Erm by Olde School Ks9/9/2020 17:07Wed Sep 9 17:07:17 2020