ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Haringey and Carshalton tickets now available … by LiamKsYesterday 18:22Yesterday at 18:22:12view thread

Oldest article: K's Through to First Round of FA Youth Cup by www.kingstonian.com17/10/2019 11:59Thu Oct 17 11:59:09 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: FA Youth Cup Second Qualifying Round draw by www.kingstonian.com22/9 11:33Tue Sep 22 11:33:10 2020view thread

Re: Microphones

By BedfordshireK21/9 14:38Mon Sep 21 14:38:36 2020In response to Re: Microphones

Views: 1228

The technical answer is... quite boring.

There are a few issues:
1) getting two mics to plug into one phone is quite tricky, and while we could just use one and pass it between, that's prob not COVID-friendly
2) iPhones and Androids have two different inputs would mean we'd be wedded to always using the same phone (or brand thereof) which the combination of batteries, different people etc would make this tricky. You could solve this with a wireless/bluetooth mic, but again, you can probably only connect 1 to a phone at a time
3) You're then somewhat dependent on the same person turning up each week, or at least planning who takes the equipment home after each game in advance (as well as whoever turns up has to lug them around, which, if you fancy making a day of it etc, is a bit of a pain). Again, not impossible.

You could probably solve 1 and 2 if we didn't use a phone, but used a camera and a proper setup instead, not impossible, but obviously more expensive.

I know Mick Sullivan used two mics plugged into an ipad, but I'm not sure the sound on his is much better.

Tbh, Jon Tolley would give a much better answer than me.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Hayden on Cray by supahoops719/9 18:52Sat Sep 19 18:52:41 2020

Previous thread: Haden on cray by tim21/9 12:03Mon Sep 21 12:03:15 2020view thread