ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: URL to access the Virtual Awards by John BangsToday 19:03Today at 19:03:15view thread

Oldest article: Saturday's match v Corinthian-Casuals by www.kingstonian.com25/10/2019 12:00Fri Oct 25 12:00:29 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Isthmian League - Premier Division result by Football Web Pages5/10 21:38Mon Oct 5 21:38:16 2020view thread

Merits of route one

By Perth WA Ks5/10 10:58Mon Oct 5 10:58:31 2020

Views: 673

Thought I'd start a thread after watching a couple of weekend premier games. Now I have to state that this is no way aimed at any team, just a view.

I had to laugh at the WHam 2nd goal against Leicester. One hoof and the pressing was broken.

This had me thinking, how often lately have we seen many passes get teams just outside the box with the opposition back and waiting.

Now, a couple of Charlie's, Jeefs and Hughes perfected POMO or Position Of Maximum Opportunity. They checked facts of over a hundred games and found that if you put balls in certain areas enough you score goals. From this we had the birth of what I would call working class teams, no real initial stars but a hard working collective that upset their betters - Wimbledon, Watford, Cambridge.

What I have taken pages (and a couple of excellent beers in the pub) to ask is, 'is there still a place for route one football'.

I personally believe that a well drilled team that by -pass midfield and contest the area just outside the box can upset a large amount of the Barcelona wannabies.

I know a lot of you will howl that you'd never support that football, but a team that is top of the league and winning regularly is a hard act to ignore.

That's it, over to you, discuss.

Lights fuse paper and retires.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Merits of route one by Paddy5/10 14:05Mon Oct 5 14:05:00 2020

Previous thread: Tom Collins by Suom Ynona4/10 14:08Sun Oct 4 14:08:33 2020view thread