Re: My first Merthyr Town game
If you think travelling to Essex every other week is bad, the distances involved in following a team in the Southern League Premier South are simply astonishing.
From Beaconsfield, Kings Langley, Chesham and Harrow (sort of Bucks and north London) all the way down to Truro in Cornwall, via Gosport, Poole, Wimborne and Dorchester on the south coast, then back via Taunton, Tiverton, Weston-super-Mare and Merthyr Tydfil, before coming home along the M4 with Yate and Swindon en route.
Chatting to a few of the Farnborough lads yesterday, they reckon it makes it harder to attract players. Not a problem for say Met Police (with limitless budgets funded by the tax-payer) but must be a real drain for teams like Walton Casuals.
Next article in this thread: Re: My first Merthyr Town game by SDG26/9 15:51Sun Sep 26 15:51:57 2021
- My first Merthyr Town game by reximus25/9 19:07Sat Sep 25 19:07:25 2021 5 peopleview thread
- Re: My first Merthyr Town game by WorcesterK25/9 19:21Sat Sep 25 19:21:20 2021 4 people
- Re: My first Merthyr Town game by reximus26/9 11:46Sun Sep 26 11:46:06 2021 1 person
- Re: My first Merthyr Town game by SDG26/9 15:51Sun Sep 26 15:51:57 2021 3 people
- Re: My first Merthyr Town game by Taimour26/9 18:01Sun Sep 26 18:01:27 2021
- Re: My first Merthyr Town game by WorcesterK26/9 15:38Sun Sep 26 15:38:15 2021 1 person