It's been a bit messy.
I've just watched Hayden's interview which was encouraging, and he trailed that an interview with Mark will be released tomorrow morning and that there will be at least one more announcement in the coming months. To me that is encouraging, but really the announcement should have been accompanied by the interviews. This might have allayed a lot of the anger and the fears. I hope the club finally learns a lesson, but history suggests otherwise.
Interesting that Hayden didn't know about Tooting until just before Christmas, which I find odd. More evidence of poor comms. He did say that he had a long meeting and is now fully behind the move. There really are limited options, with Tooting being the best viable option for allowing us to play in either the Isthmian prem or National South next year. He estimated that getting KGF up to National South spec would be c. £60-80k, and with no long term future there it's not worth spending that kind of money.
I hope that Mark's interview with Jamie and Hayden tomorrow answers lots of the questions, and maybe even an apology for how this was announced (although I'm not hopeful on that one). Some kind of fan consultation would be good, but at the end of the day the directors do own the club and they have no obligation to do so - remember we voted to not have a say a few years back in that (admittedly farcical) fan ownership vote. The prospect of more than one announcement suggests that there may finally be movement on some land, and I do expect there will be some consultation if and when there is a planning stage.
I still believe. At least until tomorrow morning when I reserve the right to go back on anything I've said above after watching the interview with Mark.
Come on you Ks.
Next article in this thread: Re: Communication by jon tolley30/12/2021 20:49Thu Dec 30 20:49:35 2021
- Communication by reximus30/12/2021 12:50Thu Dec 30 12:50:00 2021 7 people 1 personview thread
- Re: Communication by WorcesterK30/12/2021 15:35Thu Dec 30 15:35:03 2021 4 people
- Re: Communication by jon tolley30/12/2021 20:49Thu Dec 30 20:49:35 2021 11 people
- Re: Communication by reximus30/12/2021 15:46Thu Dec 30 15:46:04 2021 3 people
- Re: Communication by Mike30/12/2021 15:41Thu Dec 30 15:41:22 2021
- Re: Communication by Iang30/12/2021 15:44Thu Dec 30 15:44:49 2021 2 people
- Re: Communication by Mike30/12/2021 16:25Thu Dec 30 16:25:39 2021 1 person