The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking Wanderers by GaryToday 09:17Today at 09:17:36view thread

Oldest article: Tuesday's match v Enfield Town by www.kingstonian.com12/10/2020 12:00Mon Oct 12 12:00:06 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kingstonian and Corinthian-Casuals come together to aid local charities by www.kingstonian.com13/12/2021 09:04Mon Dec 13 09:04:40 2021view thread

Re: Communication

By WorcesterK30/12/2021 15:35Thu Dec 30 15:35:03 2021In response to Communication

Views: 481

It's been a bit messy.

I've just watched Hayden's interview which was encouraging, and he trailed that an interview with Mark will be released tomorrow morning and that there will be at least one more announcement in the coming months. To me that is encouraging, but really the announcement should have been accompanied by the interviews. This might have allayed a lot of the anger and the fears. I hope the club finally learns a lesson, but history suggests otherwise.

Interesting that Hayden didn't know about Tooting until just before Christmas, which I find odd. More evidence of poor comms. He did say that he had a long meeting and is now fully behind the move. There really are limited options, with Tooting being the best viable option for allowing us to play in either the Isthmian prem or National South next year. He estimated that getting KGF up to National South spec would be c. £60-80k, and with no long term future there it's not worth spending that kind of money.

I hope that Mark's interview with Jamie and Hayden tomorrow answers lots of the questions, and maybe even an apology for how this was announced (although I'm not hopeful on that one). Some kind of fan consultation would be good, but at the end of the day the directors do own the club and they have no obligation to do so - remember we voted to not have a say a few years back in that (admittedly farcical) fan ownership vote. The prospect of more than one announcement suggests that there may finally be movement on some land, and I do expect there will be some consultation if and when there is a planning stage.

I still believe. At least until tomorrow morning when I reserve the right to go back on anything I've said above after watching the interview with Mark.

Come on you Ks.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Communication by jon tolley30/12/2021 20:49Thu Dec 30 20:49:35 2021

Previous thread: KTV: A festive review with Hayden Bird by www.kingstonian.com30/12/2021 14:03Thu Dec 30 14:03:07 2021view thread