The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Isthmian League - Premier Division result by Football Web PagesYesterday 16:04Yesterday at 16:04:34view thread

Oldest article: 15 years by Paddy12/5/2021 07:48Wed May 12 07:48:00 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: FA Youth Cup tie arranged by www.kingstonian.com15/7 17:54Fri Jul 15 17:54:51 2022view thread

Re: Lovelace, to where after

By SDG (SDG (Ks))4/7 13:49Mon Jul 4 13:49:04 2022In response to Re: Lovelace, to where after

Views: 1027

One person has suggested it, there isn't a push from either the club or the fans to play in Walton. In the long term it would be a disaster and as a groundshare it would be no better than Mitcham, for the reasons given on here.

There's no push to play Southern League either. There is a push that we should stay at close to Kingston as we can while groundsharing, which either means doing a deal with Met Police or Hampton, or mending fences with Casuals.

Any of those could mean a switch to the Southern League, or they might not. Casuals would probably have gone this season had Leatherhead been reprieved, so it might be our future anyway.

We fundamentally need to prioritise our home crowds, and within that how many Kingstonian fans we have in our home crowd. Not away fans, groundhoppers or disgruntled Tooting fans. That's what will hold the fabric of the club together while we're homeless.

It may mean some of us find it harder to get to some away games, I'd count myself in that too. I wouldn't be going to Taunton on a Tuesday night either. But perhaps that's a cost for keeping the club in healthy order with good home crowds. And for those who don't drive, presumably the SC would continue to run subsidised coaches as they do at the moment.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Lovelace, to where after by reximus4/7 13:57Mon Jul 4 13:57:35 2022

Previous thread: Stadium Fund by reximus18/6 18:40Sat Jun 18 18:40:03 2022view thread