Firstly, thank you to the management team and the directors for making the time to share. Thank you to Jamie for compering. And, to echo those who had the presence of mind to say thank you to the directors for bankrolling the Club for so long, thank you.
Having said which... other observations:
My criticism of the Club's dreadful communications was not a criticism of Robert Wooldridge. I have no complaints about the matchday programme, the stadium announcements or the way that some bits of news reach the Club's website. My criticism was solely about the Club's failure to include and update the supporters about the future ground situation. It was great to hear the directors commit themselves to more regular communication in the future (quarterly?) and I look forward to confirmation of the date for the session.
Tonight's session was poorly planned, poorly delivered and poorly managed. Jamie was not to blame; he did the best he could in impossible circumstances. A statement from the directors ahead of the meeting would have resulted in a more useful encounter. The room's acoustics are abysmal, no microphones were provided, people where allowed to talk over each other and strategically important discussions got bogged down in the minutiae of specific details. (Javelin, shot put, etc.)
One of the directors answered questions that he didn't like with aggression. Not a good look, not a good tactic.
None of the directors gave a satisfactory answer to the questions about how AFCW's £1.2m has reduced to £750k.
And Mark Anderson's assertion that none of the directors had ruled out Kingsmeadow Athletics stadium as a possible future home conflicted strangely from my memory of earlier statements
- although my memory is notoriously awful, so maybe other people can help with the details.
Edit: not pretending I have the only opinion on tonight's meeting, nor that I have perfect recall. Just tryna start a conversation.
Edited by reximus at 22:33:39 on 29th August 2022
5 people 1 person
Next article in this thread: Re: Tonight's Q&A by Korky11/9/2022 17:17Thu Sep 1 17:17:55 2022
- Tonight's Q&A by reximus29/8/2022 22:08Mon Aug 29 22:08:42 2022 5 people 1 personview thread
- Re: Tonight's Q&A by Korky11/9/2022 17:17Thu Sep 1 17:17:55 2022 1 person 1 person
- Re: Tonight's Q&A by Iang31/8/2022 13:56Wed Aug 31 13:56:28 2022 2 people
- Re: Tonight's Q&A by K's196031/8/2022 16:44Wed Aug 31 16:44:23 2022 1 person
- Re: Tonight's Q&A by supahoops730/8/2022 09:07Tue Aug 30 09:07:18 2022 1 person
- Re: Tonight's Q&A by Senior30/8/2022 09:13Tue Aug 30 09:13:16 2022 2 people
- Re: Tonight's Q&A by Perth WA Ks30/8/2022 12:35Tue Aug 30 12:35:41 2022 3 people
- Re: Tonight's Q&A by SDG29/8/2022 23:39Mon Aug 29 23:39:54 2022 4 people