Re: Jolly Boy's Outing
That was extremely generous.
Depending on what you spent it on, that would've bought between a fiver & tenner's worth of things by today's values. A threepenny bit got you a 1st class stamp and an Evening Star, News or Standard to check the football scores would've been 2d. Sweets weren't so cheap though. A bag of bullseyes would've been comparatively far more expensive than a bag of revels or skittles these days.
Great idea with a Jolly Boys' Outing.
Have a Jolly Boys' Outing to Eastbourne or Worthing and you can almost guarantee the first three away games will be Margate, Bognor & Hastings. More likely they'll be in Jan / Feb knowing K's luck.
Maybe 20 years ago, I recall one fan in this division telling me all his lot's seaside trips were between mid-November and late February. I didn't believe him until he showed me the fixtures. He was right. 6 seaside away days that year and his lot got them in a run of 8 away matches in winter. Worryingly, I can't recall who the fan was, never mind which club he followed. Alzheimer's is a terrible thing.
Edited by Fol-De-Rol at 17:01:40 on 19th May 2022
- Jolly Boy's Outing by Senior19/5 08:29Thu May 19 08:29:03 2022 1 personview thread
- Re: Jolly Boy's Outing by Filipo19/5 08:57Thu May 19 08:57:14 2022 5 people 3 people
- Re: Jolly Boy's Outing by LiamKs19/5 10:05Thu May 19 10:05:16 2022 3 people 1 person
- Re: Jolly Boy's Outing by K's196019/5 12:08Thu May 19 12:08:29 2022 3 people
- Re: Jolly Boy's Outing by Fol-De-Rol19/5 17:00Thu May 19 17:00:42 2022 2 people