ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: K's Appoint Leigh Dynan as First Team Manager by a krinklyToday 14:12Today at 14:12:021 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

Oldest article: http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/ by reximus22/12/2016 18:04Thu Dec 22 18:04:37 20162 people dislike this 2 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kim Harris by Mattcarlin11/10 19:56Wed Oct 11 19:56:10 2017view thread

Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)

By David Crawt11/10 11:28Wed Oct 11 11:28:16 2017

Views: 792

No text

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)

By Iang11/10 12:56Wed Oct 11 12:56:49 2017In response to Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 644

Fight the urge to overreact

Has he deserted us

was he pushed

still at least we have the 'meadow - oh no

we can trade on - we still have our good name

and that ring fenced "mill" in the bank..

the hardcore cant get any lower

we have to keep going

loyalty

dont we? dont we?

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Mattcarlin11/10 11:32Wed Oct 11 11:32:54 2017In response to Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 763

I was thinking this last night by the way he was talking to us before the game and at half time but seriously WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NOW?! Are we going to travel to Lowestoft on Saturday without manager? Is Rambo going to stay on or has he left as well? Who's going to even want to come to us?

3 people like this 3 people   

By Filipo11/10 11:36Wed Oct 11 11:36:04 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 739

This club is getting beyond a fucking joke! What the fuck is going on?

F##k

2 people like this 2 people   

By PSFoley11/10 11:35Wed Oct 11 11:35:39 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 760

In my eyes We are now at a very serious state within our club at the moment.

The board have big choices to make it showing us what they want,

No cheap option as manager as before

Thanks
Paul

By KsOllie11/10 11:44Wed Oct 11 11:44:02 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 722

The club say they will make announcement soon, well considering the way they handled the Lowestoft game were in trouble

By MC11/10 11:39Wed Oct 11 11:39:46 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 733

Without wanting to go OTT, this is an absolute disaster

5 people like this 5 people   

By Ian Dureden11/10 12:00Wed Oct 11 12:00:52 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 686

This is Diobolical , we have lost a really great Manager, enthusiastic , upfront ,and full of passion, perhaps that was the problem ! The people who run this great club have none,yes a poor run but still in the top half and he has rebuilt the side and has great contacts ,I loved His and Rambos committment and they won't be long out of another job thanks guys, However will we ever get the truth about why he has gone,and what next another mate , personal trainer, or of course some local cheap has- been !

Have been for many many years a very loyal Ks stalwart but this for me puts an ever increasing black cloud over a famous club , please someone at the top show some forward commitment ! Gutted !!

By NorbitonKs11/10 11:50Wed Oct 11 11:50:14 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 694

This is of seismic proportions, a sad day

By Mattcarlin11/10 11:49Wed Oct 11 11:49:39 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 687

Are the board going to keep quiet about this like everything else?

By Paddy (Paddy1)11/10 11:58Wed Oct 11 11:58:33 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 677

From the outside it could look like we're purposefully being managed in to decline.

By Alastair11/10 12:06Wed Oct 11 12:06:12 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 688

There are serious questions for our four directors to answer given the rumoured reasons for Craig's resignation.

This is a key point in the short-term future of the club. Leadership needs to be shown, and people need to front up.

Craig was the only person breathing day-to-day life into the club and making Leatherhead bearable. Without him, I fear our decline will speed up to potentially terminal levels.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Robert11/10 12:05Wed Oct 11 12:05:15 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 649

This is dreadful news, a major blow.

We're either witnessing the slow, drawn out demise of our club or just incompetence from the Board. I'm not sure which, very possibly both.

By Mattcarlin11/10 12:28Wed Oct 11 12:28:41 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 640

Lowestoft on Saturday without a manager and zero hope is going to be a barrel or laughs!

Tommy in?

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Filipo11/10 12:40Wed Oct 11 12:40:15 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 620

I was going to say let’s protest by not attending on Saturday but thanks to the club’s complete incompetence they’ve ensured there will be a poor turn out!

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By ollie11/10 12:42Wed Oct 11 12:42:52 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 604

For all the sadness and anger I may feel at the moment, I'm reasonably sure Craig would have been the main driving force behind the Lowestoft move.

It's better to have loved and lost

By ollie11/10 12:39Wed Oct 11 12:39:24 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 623

In terms of trying to take some positive from this disaster.....

Craig helped remind us all that we're a proper club, with proper traditions and proper history that suits a proper manager. Craig was this for us and I only hope that his lasting legacy is that of moving us away from former assistants / players / fitness coaches when it comes to appointing a manager.

6 people like this 6 people   

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club11/10 12:35Wed Oct 11 12:35:42 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 632

Si Si Simon Huckle............

3 people like this 3 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By a krinkly11/10 13:17Wed Oct 11 13:17:47 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 583

Tony Reid IF he could be persuaded to leave a forward thinking CCL club.

Just for the record IMO the reaction to Lowestoft is more than a tad OTT. It's just one fixture ffs, not even the seasons top fixture.

Craig? I'm gutted!

Meldrew - with attitude!

3 people like this 3 people   7 people dislike this 7 people

By Lesmundo11/10 13:12Wed Oct 11 13:12:29 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 580

Sad news, but it's not really a surprise. As the board show no desire, passion, forward thinking, or backing, we can't expect that a passionate, hard working and high quality manager would want to stick around.

The board need to go, anybody could do better than the shit-shower they keep serving up. We need a drastic and radical overhaul at the top of the club. Someone with passion, drive and a game plan of how to halt the damage done by the current incumbents.

5 people like this 5 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

By Mattcarlin11/10 13:27Wed Oct 11 13:27:03 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 537

How is the Lowestoftgate reaction a tad OTT? 6 days before the game, the club confirm we are playing away to the team that's furthest away in the league. Not only that but 3 and a half days before, we are away to Brightlingsea!! Clearly didn't think about the fans or the players whatsoever! If they were thinking about rearranging a fixture then they could have re arranged any other fixture in the season!! Now we have to go there without a manager and no clue of what's going on. Maybe a week off would have been the best thing

4 people like this 4 people   

By reximus11/10 13:32Wed Oct 11 13:32:13 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 529

Apparently, the decision to move the Lowestoft game to Saturday was Craig's.

rex

By a krinkly11/10 13:40Wed Oct 11 13:40:10 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 512

If that is so then the reaction could have been a factor in his decision, all that angst over swapping a match, like I say OTT.

Meldrew - with attitude!

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Mattcarlin11/10 13:45Wed Oct 11 13:45:26 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 493

Craig won't go to Brightlingsea because it took him over two hours to get there 😂😂 he also said that it wasn't his decision to go to Lowestoft on Saturday but whether that's true or not I don't know

By Stuart11/10 13:39Wed Oct 11 13:39:37 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 529

Just reading all of this as a shock.

Anyone else think he might end up at Brightlingsea? Their manager quit last night to go to Aveley.

Perhaps Craig was approached with this in mind and being closer to home, would be tempting - especially being most of his contacts will be from the surrounding areas?

And if it's true that Craig arranged the Lowestoft game for Saturday, it means his decision has been one made at very short notice.

Just a thought.

By supahoops711/10 16:19Wed Oct 11 16:19:19 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 519

I'd just like to know simply WHY he's resigned.

By reximus11/10 16:28Wed Oct 11 16:28:34 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 516

I'd just like to know simply WHY he's resigned.

I guess only Craig can answer that in full - but he was mighty pissed off that the Board cut the budget.

rex

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club11/10 16:31Wed Oct 11 16:31:58 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 533

Craig Edwards would have known the budget and what would have happened if we went out of the cup - I'm sure he wasn't that naive. Surely that's how most non-league clubs operate. I'm afraid that doesn't wash with me!

8 people like this 8 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By LiamKs11/10 20:07Wed Oct 11 20:07:41 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 354

Lot of nieve thinking going on but don't think the managers wages and players budget are dependent on a cup run.
Sutton have benefitted this season from last season's achievements. You do not base budgets on Cup runs although it was not that many years ago we lost in the cup a game that should never have been lost to Brockenhurst.One of the best days out ever in the delightfully picturesque and friendly little place in the New Forest but we didn't realise how much depended on a cup run and the whole situation began to unravel before shortly afterwards going belly up.
Never Base wages on unknowns

By Ali (ali.kazemi)11/10 20:27Wed Oct 11 20:27:02 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 342

Many clubs have some sort of cup run dependency on the budget - we've usually been one of the better ones on not allowing it to be too much of a factor.

RAMBO

By PSFoley11/10 16:04Wed Oct 11 16:04:21 2017In response to Re: Craig Edwards has resigned. (N/T)Top of thread

Views: 559

I assume that Rambo has gone as well but nothing said from club.

Who is going to take charge for Sat ?

This is so so worrying what is happening with our club

Re: RAMBO

By Paddy (Paddy1)11/10 16:10Wed Oct 11 16:10:16 2017In response to RAMBOTop of thread

Views: 558

"Who is going to take charge for Sat ?"

Feels like we are at that point where joke applications from people who play Football Manager would be considered seriously.

With that in mind, take this as a formal application for me to be the next Kingstonian manager. I think guiding K's to Champions League glory on consecutive editions of the game is at least a better qualification to be a real life football manager than being a personal trainer anyway.

7 people like this 7 people   

By a krinkly11/10 16:13Wed Oct 11 16:13:25 2017In response to Re: RAMBOTop of thread

Views: 566

There ya go......

Expressions of interest in the first team manager role can be sent to John Fenwick at chairman@kingstonian.com.

Meldrew - with attitude!

1 person likes this 1 person   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Kingstonboy12312311/10 16:46Wed Oct 11 16:46:43 2017In response to Re: RAMBOTop of thread

Views: 512

So then, gutted as much as everyone after Craig kept us up last season and what he's done so far this season after the turnmoil of losing the ground etc but what we going to do now?
Seen Reidy been suggested but a big step up from CC!?
What about Hayden? Looks like he is looking of a way out after his big rant at the weekend and knows the league?
Or look for younger managers from lower leagues in Anthony Gale or James Bracken?
Any other ideas...?

By Chas11/10 17:05Wed Oct 11 17:05:21 2017In response to Re: RAMBOTop of thread

Views: 545

I'd like to see Rambo offered the job if only for continuity, he shows plenty of passion on the touchline & has a good rapport with those behind the goal. Has to Rambo surely ? but then I thought Gary Abbot should have got the job rather than Tommy.

6 people like this 6 people   

Previous thread: FA Trophy game by Filipo9/10 12:40Mon Oct 9 12:40:23 2017view thread