ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: K's Appoint Leigh Dynan as First Team Manager by a krinklyToday 14:12Today at 14:12:021 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

Oldest article: http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/ by reximus22/12/2016 18:04Thu Dec 22 18:04:37 20162 people dislike this 2 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: K's Appoint Harris As Caretaker Boss by Football Web Pages.co.uk12/10 10:39Thu Oct 12 10:39:22 2017view thread

Message from Craig Edwards to the fans

By Taimour (MainStandK)11/10 19:57Wed Oct 11 19:57:02 2017

Views: 1101

See below for a message from Craig to the fans.

"Dear All

It is with great sadness that I have tendered my resignation at Kingstonian F.C.

There are a few reasons but the main one is the budget cut. It’s not the amount nor the fact that it
is softened by the ‘boost the budget’ scheme. It has drained me of any energy or enthusiasm and
that is my biggest attribute. At the end of the season presentation it was my intention to leave but
the Chairman presented a decent package although roughly £700 less than the previous years
budget and persuaded me to stay. It was something I felt I could work with and be successful. To
have that cut ONE month into the season was something I took very personally and at worse felt I
had been misled. It’s maybe not my place but having a boost the budget scheme and then cutting
the budget doesn’t sit right.

This was compounded by the recent chats regarding Tolfrey, who I believe to be the best keeper
in the league, Taylor who is a goalscoring midfielder and currently our top scorer plus Vilcu who is
arguably the best CB in the division. The willingness to release this quality of player brings into
question any ambitions the club have.

Another reason is Mark Anderson stepping down. Mark was the chief reason I decided to stay on
this season and has always been very supportive.

I announced the cutbacks after our game with Tonbridge with us sitting in 4th place (there’s never
a good time), the response was what you might expect. Players wanting to leave and a general air
of despondency. The impact was a negative around the dressing room.

Maybe it’s a coincidence but the three games since have seen hugely disappointing results. They
have followed a similar pattern, a good start, followed by calamitous mistakes that if that were not
so poor would be comical. I have never in 18 years seen such a spell of incredibly poor goals
given away. For that I have a responsibility no doubt but the quick follow up goal in all three
games has been due to a poor reaction, which is very alien to my sides. I always look at myself
first and foremost and without doubt with the injury to Vilcu we need a complete revamp
defensively, however I firmly believe the budget cut has rocked morale.

In hindsight it might have been better to walk away after the incredible last 6 games of last season
or maybe hung around for the first one of this :) but I leave the club in 7th place just a short time
after inheriting a team in the bottom 4. I also believe I have left some fantastic players in the
squad. We’re also currently under budget so I leave with my head held high and not tarnishing all
the hard work we have put in over the past 6 months.

By and large I’ve had a great time at the club and the supporters have been fantastic to me. They
have been incredible and as good as any I have known in 18 years of management.
I truly wish the club every success and best wishes finding a true home.

COYK’s

Regards
Craig"

reply to this article | return to the front page

12 people like this 12 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fans

By Ian Dureden11/10 22:37Wed Oct 11 22:37:13 2017In response to Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 597

Great honesty from a good man , just shafted by the dodge pots who supposedly run this great club , we won't get another quality manager like Craig , it will be the Williams the Harris the two bob managers who have never won a thing and never will but toe the line to get a job, Good luck Craig and Rambo you deserve better than this !

2 people like this 2 people   

By LiamKs11/10 23:04Wed Oct 11 23:04:12 2017In response to Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 557

Fair comment but Kim as it stands is there for Lowestoft the game that shouldn't have been played now.
Don't know wat fool did that but get behind Kim it will hard to motivate the team as it is.
It does look very bleak now but let's see what's round the corner.Nobody has any faith in this awfull board but a new manager will come and we will get behind him.

2 people like this 2 people   

By LiamKs11/10 22:54Wed Oct 11 22:54:59 2017In response to Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 513

Fair comment but Kim as it stands is there for Lowestoft the game that shouldn't have been played now.
Don't know wat fool did that but get behind Kim it will hard to motivate the team as it is.
It does look very bleak now but let's see what's round the corner.Nobody has any faith in this awfull board but a new manager will come and we will get behind him.

By LiamKs11/10 20:14Wed Oct 11 20:14:40 2017In response to Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 684

Goodbye to a good man who can hold his head up.
Well done Craig and thank you.
Don't know where we would have been last season without you and certainly don't know where we go now
Cheers would love to have given you a send off you deserve

5 people like this 5 people   

By Lesmundo11/10 20:11Wed Oct 11 20:11:02 2017In response to Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 685

So there we have it....... The board used the boost the budget scheme to try and soften the cut to Craig's budget.

Poor, talk about a lack of ambition too.

Good luck Craig.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Paddy (Paddy1)11/10 20:13Wed Oct 11 20:13:50 2017In response to Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 673

There's a whole lot in that message that is quite worrying

4 people like this 4 people   

By MC11/10 20:30Wed Oct 11 20:30:55 2017In response to Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 640

Lots to digest there, but really the main question has to be about Anderson standing down. It was a shock at the time and wasn't fully explained. Now we see that it's directly led to the departure of a very good manager. What a mess

4 people like this 4 people   

By Chas11/10 20:39Wed Oct 11 20:39:05 2017In response to Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 643

More worrying will there now be a mass exodus of players who Craig has bought to the club.

By Ali (ali.kazemi)11/10 20:44Wed Oct 11 20:44:25 2017In response to Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 645

Gutted that Craig has gone and will forever be grateful to him for keeping us up at such a crucial time. However, he's gone now and we've got to dust ourselves down and get on with it.

8 people like this 8 people   

By Alastair11/10 21:39Wed Oct 11 21:39:50 2017In response to Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 599

So much to unpick in a statement from an honest individual with buckets of integrity.

I'm more worried than I ever have been.

I also have very very serious questions over why the budget was cut after a brief period. There is no possible explanation for cutting the budget pre cup exit.

I want to know where my boost the budget money has gone, for starters.

7 people like this 7 people   

By Filipo11/10 21:37Wed Oct 11 21:37:23 2017In response to Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 610

The truth is out now. Yes we need to back Kim and the team going forward.

To the board, you can’t hide anymore. You’ve avoided engaging with the fans on a number of issues for too long and you’ve treated us with utter contempt. A good manager has resigned because of your bullshit and piss poor running of this club!

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By LiamKs11/10 22:14Wed Oct 11 22:14:55 2017In response to Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 564

Perfect words.Well said.

3 people like this 3 people   

By NorbitonKs12/10 07:09Thu Oct 12 07:09:46 2017In response to Re: Message from Craig Edwards to the fansTop of thread

Views: 465

Craig you gave me hope, I even thought the glory years were back again. Good luck to you. Your a diamond geezer.

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: Kim Harris by Mattcarlin11/10 19:56Wed Oct 11 19:56:10 2017view thread