ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: K's Appoint Leigh Dynan as First Team Manager by a krinklyToday 14:12Today at 14:12:021 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

Oldest article: http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/ by reximus22/12/2016 18:04Thu Dec 22 18:04:37 20162 people dislike this 2 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: When Saturday comes by NorbitonKs12/10 16:12Thu Oct 12 16:12:16 2017view thread

Bit by bit

By Perth Ks12/10 06:09Thu Oct 12 06:09:15 2017

Views: 549

To be honest I've been waiting for this since the start. I couldn't believe a top manager would travel over to the other side of London and manage a club without a home ground and reduced budget. Thanks for giving it a try mate.
What we are seeing is the sad slow death of the club. The players will go and as the results start getting worse, so will the loyal fans. It will be gradual, those outlying fans will find it harder and harder to make the effort. Once the crowds drop, so will the budget.
The longer it continues the chances of a new ground will drop. The interest just won't be there. Kingston public aren't anti Ks, it's worse, they just have no interest at all.
A club or business has to sell itself, has to show why people should come and I don't see it here. The board, I believe, really are trying, but just don't know what or how to do something.
Please write and tell me I don't know what I'm saying. I really want to be proved wrong.
As someone who decried the PKK, boy do we need that energy now.
Please, someone, give me hope.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Bit by bit

By Lesmundo12/10 09:07Thu Oct 12 09:07:39 2017In response to Bit by bitTop of thread

Views: 491

I just wish there was some sort of clarity from upstairs. If they said "we decreased the budget this season as we don't believe we can get promotion this year, but will push hard next year when there is no Billaricay etc." Then I think even those who would disagree with the idea would accept it. However, on this topic and the future ground, there is just nothing at all.

We just want some crumb of comfort in these difficult times and a bit of communication about what's going on. Can't they understand this?

3 people like this 3 people   

By Filipo12/10 09:44Thu Oct 12 09:44:33 2017In response to Re: Bit by bitTop of thread

Views: 474

Does the budget really need to be cut though? If the club are in a difficult position financially, wouldn’t it be easier to engage with the fans around ideas to increase revenue?

By acting in this way and allowing the whole situation around the club to worsen, the fans are going to get more and more angry the longer the board continue this current stance.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Peter Borrett12/10 19:22Thu Oct 12 19:22:02 2017In response to Re: Bit by bitTop of thread

Views: 396

Agreeing with the three other posters views there is a need for better pr.we need to create an opportunity for a springboard to move forward. The next 3/4 weeks will be difficult because of the current situation but by mid November we must be pro active as a club. It's a year since the community club meeting attended by over 100 and I believe another meeting end November to update, discuss fundraising and improve PR
is vital.

By LiamKs12/10 20:12Thu Oct 12 20:12:29 2017In response to Re: Bit by bitTop of thread

Views: 372

Maybe we can organise a meeting and invite the board members.We would have to make sure they were willing to come otherwise it may be pointless.
Maybe a time for thought and let a spikey situation calm and search out interested parties at the home game next weekend.That is obviously the weekend after the Lowestoft debacle.
Let's all stretch our minds,

Previous thread: The PKK by The PKK12/10 09:20Thu Oct 12 09:20:43 2017view thread