ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Saturday's match v Bognor Regis Town by www.kingstonian.comYesterday 12:00Yesterday at 12:00:54view thread

Oldest article: Game on by John Bangs20/1 11:29Sat Jan 20 11:29:47 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tomorrow's programme by trepur5/10 12:07Fri Oct 5 12:07:17 2018view thread

Supporters Club Transport to Whitehawk

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)25/9 12:35Tue Sep 25 12:35:52 2018

Views: 520

The KSC will be providing minibus transport to this Saturday's game against Whitehawk.

Read the full news item at http://www.kingstonian.com/news/supporters-club-transport-to-whitehawk-2350679.html

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Supporters Club Transport to Whitehawk

By BE26/9 14:13Wed Sep 26 14:13:31 2018In response to Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 476

Cheaper by train. Why can't we find a sponsor e.g Anderson Travel. Folkestone have a standard charge of £8 to all away games for members and £10 others.

1 person likes this 1 person   6 people dislike this 6 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)27/9 07:45Thu Sep 27 07:45:19 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 350

BE I'm going by train can't find ticket for anywhere near SC coach price,could you post where to find low fare? Thanks

By BE27/9 11:47Thu Sep 27 11:47:18 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 329

Super Advance booked 1 month ago.

By Ohdear (Ksuals)27/9 18:56Thu Sep 27 18:56:06 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 279

Teach me to leave late

By a krinkly27/9 12:27Thu Sep 27 12:27:15 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 325

So using the SC service was never a consideration anyway..... Right....

You little teaser you BE.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By MC26/9 14:53Wed Sep 26 14:53:05 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 461

£14 return to Brighton seems pretty good to me.

Well done to the Supporters Club for providing this service at such a reasonable price.

6 people like this 6 people   

By a krinkly26/9 14:21Wed Sep 26 14:21:15 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 448

Or there's not enough users to fill a coach so the per head rate is higher since a driver probably costs the same whatever the vehicle. Anyway a private bus is more convenient than the train surely.

Edited by a krinkly at 14:41:10 on 26th September 2018

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By BE26/9 16:31Wed Sep 26 16:31:02 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 405

But it only runs from Kingsmeadow!

3 people dislike this 3 people

By a krinkly26/9 17:03Wed Sep 26 17:03:19 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 408

And trains run from?

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Paddy (Paddy1)26/9 22:36Wed Sep 26 22:36:55 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 360

Train stations

Reputedly written....

By a krinkly27/9 09:48Thu Sep 27 09:48:42 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 395

....at Crewe while waiting for a connection back in the days of British Railways, Paul Simon knew the correct name for the place he was in when he penned Homeward Bound.

I'm sitting in the Railway Station
Got a ticket for my destination....

It's RAILWAY station, a pet hate of mine seeing the wrong word used so often these days

Re: Reputedly written....

By swindondave27/9 12:39Thu Sep 27 12:39:56 2018In response to Reputedly written....Top of thread

Views: 360

Sorry Krinks but he wrote it on Widnes railway station.

"can i get a Widnes" Marvin Gaye n/t

By Iang5/10 13:01Fri Oct 5 13:01:55 2018In response to Re: Reputedly written....Top of thread

Views: 211

No text

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly27/9 14:11Thu Sep 27 14:11:24 2018In response to Re: Reputedly written....Top of thread

Views: 325

Hi Dave, I did cover myself with 'reputedly'. So Widnes eh? Well that explains some things, like him having the time to compose it and where the inspiration for the mood of the song came from....

By OldSchoolKs (OldSchoolKs)27/9 11:06Thu Sep 27 11:06:36 2018In response to Reputedly written....Top of thread

Views: 351

The correct way is so often ignored these days and in doing so the incorrect way becomes the norm.
The norm and the correct of coarse are so different from each other.Some may remember the olde grey fox, not the sly of coarse,Mr.Bill McNally.Would anyone ever dare try and enter the boardroom at Kingsmeadow without a tie.Bill in a good mood would find you one but in a bad day tou wouldnt get in.
That of coarse was the norm in many places, maybe all,in the day.
Times change and certainly standards and of coarse the Raiway Station has changed with Costa Coffee,various refreshment bars,cleaner faster trains and automatic ticket barriers.
Football has changed as much at Ks as anywhere.We know have a slim manager at the helm

By Newt (newt1)27/9 16:25Thu Sep 27 16:25:59 2018In response to Re: Reputedly written....Top of thread

Views: 297

And now COURSE has become COARSE.
It must have something to do with all the profanities that abound.

COME ON YOU Ks!

Newt.

By David Crawt27/9 16:49Thu Sep 27 16:49:38 2018In response to Re: Reputedly written....Top of thread

Views: 282

Yes, I’d noticed that.

By a krinkly27/9 12:37Thu Sep 27 12:37:05 2018In response to Re: Reputedly written....Top of thread

Views: 329

The incorrect way has only become the norm because the likes of you and I were lax when we should have been actively standing up for standards. At a time when a quick rap on knuckles with a stale baguette might have got transgressors back in line what were we doing.....NOWT! It's too late now, you'd be had up for assault using baguettes.

Edited by a krinkly at 12:37:44 on 27th September 2018

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus26/9 17:13Wed Sep 26 17:13:22 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 421

Maybe someone could draw up a template forum contribution for these circumstances?

* The coach to X costs Y.
* But it's cheaper to get to Y by train.
* A.n.other club charges Z.
* Can't we find a sponsor?
* Our circumstances are different.
* I have something to say that defends the status quo, ignores all the points you've made above, whilst adding nothing to the debate.
* We could put ask local shops to display a poster.

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   8 people dislike this 8 people

By a krinkly26/9 17:18Wed Sep 26 17:18:49 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 432

Or maybe forum contributors could just post as they see fit, the ignore function always being an option open to all.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By OldSchoolKs (OldSchoolKs)26/9 17:36Wed Sep 26 17:36:04 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 393

If we said we dont play at Kingsmeadow and if we said we mostly dont live on the 131 bus route and if we said its not as near as Tiffins to the Train Station,you would say we have been here before,so pretend I havnt said it and it would be no point anyway.
Train is cheaper and you can choose your own time,have an onboard toilet and leave from a convenient station.
Having got that said,the Supporters Club should still be thanked for putting on a bus for those who want it.
We are all different in life these days and Brighton has "something"for all tastes however diverse.Even Ks supporters.

By a krinkly26/9 17:55Wed Sep 26 17:55:08 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 379

Points taken, and I don't use the SC service anyway. But in this particular case Brighton Central station is still a looong walk or taxi/public transport trip to the ground. How do you start the journey, get up to Clapham from Tolworth and change, or bus to Ewell East (that's the nearest suitable station isn't it?) The coach is direct to the ground, however you have to get to the pickup point, hassle at only one end. If access to loos are an issue then the coach surely isn't an option anyway whatever the cost.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By OldSchoolKs (OldSchoolKs)26/9 18:05Wed Sep 26 18:05:24 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 367

As the Irishman once said when asked the best way into Dublin was,I wouldnt start from here.
Clapham Junction strait to Brighton then bus to Marina for a "lunch" then 15 minute walk to the ground ( if your fit )
Train to Brighton then bus to Whitehawk and short walk.
For me its all down hill.Brighton Station and a short walk to St.James area for my lunchtime enjoyment and cab to the ground for my sufference

By Iang26/9 18:10Wed Sep 26 18:10:47 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 367

Forget the St James area - especially the Bulldog pub etc - get yourself up to Kemp Town.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By OldSchoolKs (OldSchoolKs)26/9 18:13Wed Sep 26 18:13:14 2018In response to Re: Supporters Club Transport to WhitehawkTop of thread

Views: 393

Thats nice of you.
Mines a Guinness

Previous thread: Saturday by BE4/10 14:40Thu Oct 4 14:40:02 2018view thread