ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Young Carers Day this Saturday by www.kingstonian.comToday 13:29Today at 13:29:30view thread

Oldest article: Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk1/1 16:58Tue Jan 1 16:58:43 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Thoughts paralysed? by Peter Borrett23/2 23:08Sat Feb 23 23:08:43 2019view thread

Young Carers Day on 2nd March

By John Bangs16/2 22:20Sat Feb 16 22:20:06 2019

Views: 699

Kingstonian are holding our fifth Young Carers Day on 2nd March at home against Wingate and Finchley. Eleven Young Carers from Kingston Carers Network will again be our match mascots and around fifty Carers and Young Carers will be attending as our guests.

The Club are proud of our links with our community partners Kingston Carers Network. As part of this association we have undertaken regular fundraising for Young Carers including recently through a joint initiative with Corinthian Casuals at our Derby match back in December and through our annual sponsored walk. Details of the next sponsored walk are to be announced shortly

reply to this article | return to the front page

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Kingstonian Ted

By John Bangs21/2 23:01Thu Feb 21 23:01:15 2019In response to Young Carers Day on 2nd MarchTop of thread

Views: 617

As a bit of fun, the Young Carers are to be accompanied by a five foot giant teddy with a Ks shirt and scarf known as “Kingstonian Ted”. (Smaller Ks teddy bears are available from the club shop)

The young carers will also be helping to decorate the stand with red and white balloons - an activity originally planned for the previous Young Carers Day.
(See below Balloons and Young Carers at Fetcham Grove)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjJzTqmATUO/?taken-by=kingstonianfc

3 people like this 3 people   

Mayor of Guildford retweet s Kingstonian Ted

By John Bangs25/2 07:59Mon Feb 25 07:59:15 2019In response to Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 480

This should be helpful for plans being developed with Surrey FA to promote the young carers initiative to other clubs

Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian Ted

By John Bangs24/2 19:07Sun Feb 24 19:07:09 2019In response to Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 566

I tweeted about our Young Carers Day with a photo of “Kingstonian Ted “ and Shadow Health Secretary and Shadow Cabinet member Barbara Keeley MP has just “liked” this.

4 people like this 4 people   

Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian Ted

By david33k24/2 19:58Sun Feb 24 19:58:03 2019In response to Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 576

Let’s just hope Kingstonian Ted isn’t Jewish.

3 people like this 3 people   12 people dislike this 12 people

By John Bangs24/2 20:24Sun Feb 24 20:24:33 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 539

No but then although he’s just a teddy, Kingstonian Ted doesn’t believe everything they print in the Daily Mail.

9 people like this 9 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)24/2 20:28Sun Feb 24 20:28:09 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 523

Or the other lying rags.
Shame people so easily believe the bile and cant make up their own minds.
Pitiful

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By david33k24/2 20:58Sun Feb 24 20:58:10 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 556

I most certainly do not read the Daily Mail - and really don’t want to get into the politics of this other to say that until 5 years ago I was a Labour supporter. That always meant inclusion and equality for everyone. Now one religion is vilified - try denying that any one of the MP leaving Labour last week included anti-semitism in speeches. The club Is now affiliated with an anti-semitic organisation end of.
On the charity front you have my email address could ntact me I will certainly make a contribution.

1 person likes this 1 person   5 people dislike this 5 people

By Iang25/2 09:21Mon Feb 25 09:21:08 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 485

Where has this troll come from admin? Never seen him/her post before - thus is the one forum we can get away from all this and talk Ks

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By david33k25/2 12:41Mon Feb 25 12:41:39 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 438

This troll comes from Kingston and only gets to a few games each season. I appreciate that you and many others work tirelessly for the or have done - just as I did for 10 years - everything from running the club shop on the Richmond Rd terrace - to burning the scrub off tsars terrace to running the Supporter club coaches to working the bar for free. So please don’t think no one else has a right to comment. I’m sure I’ve done more for the club than many a person that post.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Alastair25/2 12:49Mon Feb 25 12:49:57 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 483

In which case you should retract this:

"The club Is now affiliated with an anti-semitic organisation end of"

As you said, this isn't the place to discuss Labour party politics, but a prominent politician interacting with a tweet about a charity event at K's does not and CANNOT mean what you wrote above. End of. I can only presume you don't understand how twitter works, which isn't your fault, but please do avoid making such inflammatory statements in future in that case. All John Bangs is trying to do is raise awareness by using social media, and good on him for that.

10 people like this 10 people   

By Iang25/2 12:48Mon Feb 25 12:48:41 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 439

OK so you've laid out your credentials - I saw another post about AFCW that you have contributed to - all are welcome and the wider the contributors the better.
So Not a troll but my feelings still stand - what were you hoping to gain from your post? John does great work - it has been recognised by a relevant and senior source. Worth remarking on I thought Your offering was unnecessary and purile.

We already have folks finding it easy to avoid coming on here and indeed to the matches.

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By david33k25/2 17:15Mon Feb 25 17:15:37 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 433

You are quite correct and I apologise if my post has had any adverse effect on the club. Obviously it was one of those knee jerk reaction moments and I certainly do understand that someone like John who obviously puts a vast effort in for the club and the totally worthwhile charity doesn't deserve this sort of crap.

Tried responding earlier but my work phone security blocked it. I don't have the tech knowledge to delete this entire thread or my indeed just my initial post.

My opinion remains the same but I should have kept it to myself.

Sorry to everyone for any offence caused regarding their support for the club or the charity.

9 people like this 9 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Kingston Carers Network

By John Bangs24/2 21:13Sun Feb 24 21:13:18 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 517

Should you wish to make a donation to the charity, their details are as below

https://kingstoncarers.org.uk/support-us/donate/

By Lesmundo24/2 21:08Sun Feb 24 21:08:07 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 566

Your comment shows that the machine has won. I bet you still want Dynan in as well mate. As a leftie the world is becoming truly terrifying and distorted.

1 person likes this 1 person   7 people dislike this 7 people

By John Bangs24/2 23:00Sun Feb 24 23:00:47 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 510

To be honest I’m not sure what this has to do with Leigh Dynan.

However, whatever problems there were on the pitch, Leigh was very supportive of our work with Young Carers. At the last young carers day, Leigh arranged for the kids to meet the players and get some of their autographs. One of the coaching staff then took them out to take penalties before the players came out. Leigh also got the players to come and chat to the Young Carers at the end of the match. He also arranged for a signed Ks shirt for a raffle in support of young carers.

I speak as I find and Leigh was very helpful and supportive.

10 people like this 10 people   

By Lesmundo25/2 10:47Mon Feb 25 10:47:19 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 474

I was making a point as a leftie and labour voter who doesn't hold racist views. I'm starting to feel quite unwelcome and will not be bringing my family down for at least the rest of the season. I love Ks and have attended games since I was 4 or 5, so this makes me quite sad in lots of ways.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)25/2 10:53Mon Feb 25 10:53:36 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 446

Why do you feel unwelcome?

2 people like this 2 people   

By Lesmundo25/2 11:11Mon Feb 25 11:11:04 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 480

I just feel thing have changed. I feel people do not like the way I express my opinions and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm very very busy and I don't want to drive over an hour somewhere to watch a game, when I feel uncomfortable. That's just how it is. Maybe things will change but the whole season and people turning on each other has made me lose my appetite for this. It also makes me really angry that we gave a fraudster like Dynan so much time and people defended him to the end. I dont like this in kids football let alone at the club i support.

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Alastair25/2 11:51Mon Feb 25 11:51:41 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 476

I do understand how you feel, having been really alienated first by the move to Leatherhead - buying a train ticket to travel to leafy Surrey just never felt at all right to me - and then by the continued backing of Dynan.

For the first time for more than 15 years, by the end of last season I was actively choosing to skip home games, because as much as I love the club the feeling of going to them was just overwhelmingly negative.

BUT this season, even with Dynan continuing to waste money and so obviously be out of his depth, I got some optimism back from the return to playing somewhere near Kingston, and seeing some old faces back on the terraces again. It was nice that the (behind the goal, at any rate) fanbase was totally united in opposing Dynan and there was a lot of quite enjoyable dark humour during some of the games, particularly when Dynan would try to make subs.

It's sad that you're having a negative time, but please...don't give up! If you need to take a break, fair enough, but K's has still been a lot of fun this season even with a profligate clown in charge of proceedings.

Edited by Alastair at 11:52:06 on 25th February 2019

5 people like this 5 people   

By Lesmundo25/2 14:13Mon Feb 25 14:13:31 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 425

Yeah, I think I just need a breather from it all.

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)25/2 11:19Mon Feb 25 11:19:59 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 439

oh, i'm sorry to hear this because i think everyone (i've ever spoken to at Ks) appreciates your views which are always well put (both here and in person). It's also important that you're involved in youth football so, unlike most of us, you know what you're talking about! (and you have been proved right).

this season has been a total disaster and, apart from the unity ("Eaaaaaaagle!") it generated in opposing Dynan's ludicrous project (the budget, the number of players on contract, the revolving door, the tactics, the FA Cup farce at Hastings, the dressing-room shenanigans, Dale-Gate, the failure to remove Dynan in the Autumn), i agree it's pretty depressing at the moment, particularly as a lot of good work has been done to keep the club on the map (the move to Tolworth, slightly higher crowds, the new website, Bangs' marketing) and it can sometimes feel like it's been wasted.

but Brennan seems like the right man. he's actually an ambitious appointment in lots of ways. the thing i most like about him is he wants to spend LESS money not more!

5 people like this 5 people   

By Lesmundo25/2 11:25Mon Feb 25 11:25:11 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 440

So far Brennan has made the right moves and talks a lot of sense, like Edwards did. He just doesnt havethe time to rebuild the team for a promotion push.

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)25/2 11:26Mon Feb 25 11:26:54 2019In response to Re: Shadow Health Secretary “likes” Kingstonian TedTop of thread

Views: 446

yes, and he inherited more of a dressing-room mess than feared.

agree this season looks gone. at least we've got him in early and not had to wait until the summer.

plus we'll win the SSC!

And at Aldershot Town

By John Bangs17/2 10:56Sun Feb 17 10:56:34 2019In response to Young Carers Day on 2nd MarchTop of thread

Views: 702

On 6 February Aldershot Town became the latest Club to hold a similar event; following our lead.

This was at their Hampshire Derby match against Eastleigh; in collaboration with three local Carers groups and support from a local NHS organisation. There were an amazing 173 carers there as guests out of a crowd of 2096.
.https://www.cofeguildford.org.uk/whats-on/news/detail/2019/02/13/the-shots-on-target-for-young-carers

NL Derby and a reunion

By Iang18/2 10:34Mon Feb 18 10:34:06 2019In response to And at Aldershot TownTop of thread

Views: 662

Great to see another Young carers day John.

The bar is open for the North London Derby from 12.30 apparently and me and a group of pals who played sunday league together many (many) years ago are having a reunion, several of whom have Ks leanings .

So hopefully we can get what is normally a lowish crowd up to a decent level.

Excellent work John.

Re: NL Derby and a reunion

By John Bangs18/2 17:38Mon Feb 18 17:38:14 2019In response to NL Derby and a reunionTop of thread

Views: 573

Thanks Ian.

We will have 13 Young Carers and 4 KCN staff volunteers having a buffet lunch - so I suggest you guys congregate down the TV end and we’ll be by the bar end. Having the Derby match on shouldhelp create some atmosphere for them.

See you then.

John

And thanks to Banquet Records

By John Bangs19/2 20:10Tue Feb 19 20:10:59 2019In response to Re: NL Derby and a reunionTop of thread

Views: 576

These Young Carers Days are organised funded through fan donations. Thanks are again due to Banquet Records for their support.

4 people like this 4 people   

Previous thread: K's Bring In Two on Loan by Football Web Pages.co.uk25/2 16:49Mon Feb 25 16:49:39 2019view thread