ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: All Quiet on the Front by Olde School KsToday 18:57Today at 18:57:36view thread

Oldest article: Dynan out! by reximus30/8/2018 09:07Thu Aug 30 09:07:16 20184 people dislike this 4 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Quiz Night next Friday 15th March by www.kingstonian.com6/3 10:31Wed Mar 6 10:31:54 2019view thread

Bostik League Premier Division results

By Football Web Pages.co.uk (fwpbot)2/3 17:00Sat Mar 2 17:00:32 2019

Views: 1014

The following results have been recorded in the Bostik League Premier Division:

Saturday 2nd March 2019

AFC Hornchurch(1)12(1)Margate[273]
Bishop's Stortford(1)12(1)Potters Bar Town[274]
Bognor Regis Town(2)22(0)Worthing[1137]
Brightlingsea Regent(1)11(1)Harlow Town[192]
Carshalton Athletic(1)42(2)Folkestone Invicta[354]
Dorking Wanderers(3)60(0)Burgess Hill Town[607]
Enfield Town(0)00(0)Tonbridge Angels[401]
Haringey Borough(2)22(1)Corinthian-Casuals[394]
Kingstonian(1)12(1)Wingate & Finchley[303]
Leatherhead(0)01(0)Merstham[356]
Lewes(1)13(1)Whitehawk[881]

The league table is now up-to-date

Get Football Web Pages for Android or iOS now

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people dislike this 5 people

Re: Bostik League Premier Division results

By supahoops72/3 19:16Sat Mar 2 19:16:33 2019In response to Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 832

Couldn't make it to the game again today, but interested to know
how we played. What now and for the rest of the season?. A flirt
with relegation?

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (Ks Prog)2/3 20:05Sat Mar 2 20:05:12 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 812

We were little short of abysmal! In fact we were lucky to get 1 and them to only get two. Thank God the previous manager got us some points in the bag (and this is not a plug for LD), because from what I witnessed this afternoon I can't see any more points heading our way!

I've been seething about the performance ever since I got home....and I'm still angry!

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Iang3/3 11:28Sun Mar 3 11:28:48 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 602

Hi Bob - agreed that was as bad (if not worse) than anything we had under LD. I had 10 mates there yesterday and they didn't even come out for the 2nd half.

The phrase men against boys comes to mind and the boys won - I even saw their diminutive no.7 beat giants in our team ..in the air...

To top it all off I heard anti Dynan songs - really!

Happy to get behind the new guy and he is obviously keen on work ethic given that the word work punctuates both interviews I've heard. He says hello to the fans at the ground and is having an open forum - all good stuff. But a good portion of that team were his yesterday.

If it wasn't for a poor Carshalton pen and tolfs save we would have 3 losses from 3 - I know we are building for next August - but 100 mile round trip is a bloody long way to watch that yesterday.

Up the Ks

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By A&S3/3 13:58Sun Mar 3 13:58:11 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 568

Agree!....will always get behind a new manager...Dean seems a nice guy & i'm hopeful has good contacts to sort us out!

However for once , i'm not sure it's totally a 'manager' problem....I just don't think players these days (especially in our league) are of the same quality that they used to be.....very average!

Good luck Dean!

5 people like this 5 people   

By Ian Dureden3/3 14:53Sun Mar 3 14:53:42 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 523

Completely agree about the quality of player in the league,good point made, after many years of watching the Ks ,the past two seasons of the Premier Division have been the poorest in team and player quality and would worry about the sides that go up , When you see sides like Dartford , in seventh position and Dulwich ,Hampton and Truro all in the lower section of the league you understand the quality player recruitment that is requied .

You wonder how many current Bostick Premier players could make a succesful step up ? Looking at the poor quality on show yesterday not that many , The. Dan Sweeney 's. of this world are now very rare .

By supahoops72/3 20:40Sat Mar 2 20:40:34 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 764

On dear, thanks for the brief report, not very reassuring.

By 08:54 Crew2/3 21:08Sat Mar 2 21:08:46 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 763

You'll see more effort on Ditton Rec tomorrow morning.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)2/3 20:59Sat Mar 2 20:59:14 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 766

yeah, it was bad although we had our moments. we've certainly seen worse. new forward didn't seem very engaged.

great enthusiasm and turnout from the Young Carers and others. Thanks to John Bangs for all this work. Kingstonian Ted will be in the window of Banquet Records this week for those who wish to pay homage.

4 people like this 4 people   

By John Bangs3/3 00:08Sun Mar 3 00:08:14 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 704

Although there is certainly a need for improvement and the manager wants an increased work rate, we could easily have got a point. It wasn’t great I didn’t think was disastrously bad and I agree with Taimour that we have seen worse.

We seem to lack cutting edge in attack and could do with a winger. We will need to give Dean time to finish reshaping the squad as I am sure he will be addressing this.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Lesmundo3/3 08:31Sun Mar 3 08:31:25 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 632

At least he is rebuilding now and not in November. He is very honest and clearly demands certain standards. I'm optimistic about this manager.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)3/3 08:50Sun Mar 3 08:50:57 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 631

Yep,got to agree,its next season now and the manager needs the right set up to get us prepared.
Not the perfect start by any means but the right noises and the manager already recognising the problems are deeper than at first thought.He also sais the problem may be all around so with a few wins before the end of season we must go on with more hope and confidence on and off the pitch.

By supahoops73/3 08:44Sun Mar 3 08:44:33 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 631

Yes, agree. I think he's a safe pair of hands, but I get the
impression things will be done his way and at his own pace.
I accept the play offs are out of reach, so our expectations must
be shelved for another season. I don't expect to see a rapid improvement
on the pitch either while he shapes his type of squad. Let's hope we can
pick up some points soon though. I don't think a drop into div 1 sth is in
the plans.

By reximus3/3 10:15Sun Mar 3 10:15:07 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 613

We already have 42 points, and that should be enough to stay up even if we don't pick up many more - but the thought of extending our unwinning run to 18 would be too awful to contemplate.

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))3/3 17:22Sun Mar 3 17:22:23 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 472

I hope you're right that 42 is enough and the predicted final table says you are, but realistically I won't feel comfortable unless we get a couple more wins. I don't think FWP accounts for teams near the bottom fighting for their lives and getting unexpected wins while the teams around mid table start either experimenting for next year, cutting their budgets, or just not putting in the effort. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a lot of those clubs below us making strong finishes to the season and dragging us into the relegation battle.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)3/3 10:44Sun Mar 3 10:44:53 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 610

Nobody will be more worried than the manager and he will be mindfull of a losing run.
Someone to pop the ball in the net on a regular basis and to shore up the defence will surely be the upmost priority but I am sure he will be working on that.
Some of the lowest crowds in the league should also be looked at within the club.JBs initiatives to get more people through the turnstiles with the beer mats with discounts is just one that should be helpfull.
Maybe for next season some social functions,any in fact,and better travel for away games may well help

By old and grey4/3 16:21Mon Mar 4 16:21:26 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 479

Gimmicks dont bring people through the turnstile,but
success on the field certainly does.
Hopefully next season with this manager we will see
this scenario become reality.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Paddy (Paddy1)6/3 10:26Wed Mar 6 10:26:52 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 370

Depends what your gimmick is... for example free beer would get plenty of extra people through the gate. It'll be a task getting them back out of it after though.

By old and grey4/3 21:12Mon Mar 4 21:12:36 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 459

Certainly not,but to keep these people interested we need
a good on field product,that is my point.
I think you are all doing a fine job.

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)5/3 09:38Tue Mar 5 09:38:20 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 404

it's going to take both, isn't it? sometimes i feel like the worse the team is, the more marketing we have to do just to keep crowds from slipping further. when we were decent in the autumn, a lot of fans did come back - it was noticeable - and have now drifted off again (understandably) now that we're rubbish again.

also we have been rubbish - leaving aside the odd false dawn - since Dowse left. that's half a decade. it doesn't help.

By John Bangs4/3 18:49Mon Mar 4 18:49:41 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 445

It is obviously the case that success on the pitch is the biggest factor in attracting and retaining fans.

Can I just point out though that “gimmicks” increased the crowd on Saturday by at least 18%.

Lots of residents have heard of Kingstonian because we are a famous old club. When leafleting however, we have found that many people still think we are at Kingsmeadow and are surprised to hear we are now playing at Tolworth. For this to change, somebody has to tell them we have moved!

You are surely not arguing against undertaking marketing?

8 people like this 8 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)4/3 21:24Mon Mar 4 21:24:35 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 426

Agree and dont know where these views cone from on gimmicks.Of coarse they work.
A strange post earlier said of Bournmouth and their tactics at the weekend.Plain facts are that fans follow a winning and successfull team.
You musnt go down or crowds will suffer the proof is out there as you can see.
Yes an exciting attacking team is great but you must win.
Excitement on the field certainly but off it as well.The gimmicks,the pre match fireworks at Chelsea,the playing of the right songs, the Ks Teddy,all silly gimmicks but they work, they give us an interest and draw us in.
Keep going JB your doing a great job.

Previous thread: Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk5/3 21:39Tue Mar 5 21:39:31 2019view thread