ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Kingstonian 3-3 Margate by Suom YnonaToday 14:14Today at 14:14:26view thread

Oldest article: Richard's archive in the comet by Taimour25/9/2018 18:12Tue Sep 25 18:12:25 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Memories....... by K's196012/3 08:41Tue Mar 12 08:41:03 2019view thread

Now to kingstonian fc fans

By PAULFOLEY9/3 20:54Sat Mar 9 20:54:14 2019

Views: 912

If this was Leigh you would say he has to be sacked

Now the new manager should he be sacked played 4 drew won lost 3

Answers pls

Very interesting that's for sure

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   8 people dislike this 8 people

Re: Now to kingstonian fc fans

By SDG (SDG (Ks))10/3 09:47Sun Mar 10 09:47:22 2019In response to Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 780

Nobody was calling for Dynan to be sacked that early, people supported him when he was new as they have with all our managers. He was literally greeted with fireworks in his first game, in his second people were making up songs for him and when we played so impressively in his third game, Hendon away, there was a massive sense of optimism about him and the future. It was only when it started falling apart from there that people eventually began calling for him to go.

Brennan may get a bit more patience because he has a better record pre-Ks but of course he'll ultimately be judged on his record as well. He's come in to a difficult situation with an overpaid and underperforming squad so he deserves a bit of time to put that right and I'm sure he'll get the summer to rebuild properly but of course if things don't improve eventually he'll be accountable for it as any manager would be.

3 people like this 3 people   

By reximus10/3 18:21Sun Mar 10 18:21:32 2019In response to Re: Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 689

There's a massive difference between supporting a new manager and having confidence in him.

Yes, it was good to give Dynan enthusiastic support in his first few games but I was never convinced by him, by his tactics, by his interviews or by his (lack of) effort away from the pitch. He seemed to be the unambitious appointment that perfectly represented all that we feared from an unambitious Board.

There definitely seems to be something different about Leigh Dynan, an openness, an honesty and, crucially, a track record that all point to a much better appointment.

rex

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Count Scarlioni11/3 07:51Mon Mar 11 07:51:11 2019In response to Re: Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 585

“There definitely seems to be something different about Leigh Dynan, an openness, an honesty and, crucially, a track record that all point to a much better appointment.”

Will the real Rex step forward?

4 people like this 4 people   

By reximus11/3 08:07Mon Mar 11 08:07:35 2019In response to Re: Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 597

Oops!!

There definitely seems to be something different about Dean Brennan, an openness, an honesty and, crucially, a track record that all point to a much better appointment.

rex

2 people like this 2 people   

By Count Scarlioni11/3 09:20Mon Mar 11 09:20:21 2019In response to Re: Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 587

I always thought you could not get Leigh Dynan out of your thoughts!

By John Bangs9/3 22:28Sat Mar 9 22:28:17 2019In response to Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 814

When Dowse come in he lost his first three matches.

Success is not always instant. I think we need to rally round the team and the manager

By Lesmundo9/3 21:08Sat Mar 9 21:08:23 2019In response to Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 819

Totally disagree, Dynan had no experience or knowledge and nearly two years of failure. No matter what style the guy plays, he has rebuilt the team and deserves a bit of time. I have not seen them play, but even Frank De Boer got 10 weeks (4 matches, 4 defeats, no goals).

3 people like this 3 people   

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)9/3 21:03Sat Mar 9 21:03:49 2019In response to Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 872

we're seeing improvement. we're seeing cohesion and effort. and we're seeing Brennan being honest with himself and the players (some old, some new). in that scenario, we can deal with defeats. because this isn't Arsenal TV. in fact, second-half was good fun. a decent game, some late chances and magnets being expertly thrown in the terrace (you had to be there). even the Harlow manager praised the K's display. i'm actually relieved Brennan hasn't gone out to pay a striker £600 a week just to finish 8th instead of 18th.

Dynan wasted untold amounts of money, signed up 10 contracted players who then ignored him, messed up pre-season, flunked out the cups, alienated those he worked with, peddled wacky theories and had never achieved anything at our level of football (and never will). our season was over in February. and that wasn't down to Brennan.

Edited by WeHateWombles at 21:04:28 on 9th March 2019

12 people like this 12 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)10/3 07:17Sun Mar 10 07:17:59 2019In response to Re: Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 775

A well put rant Taimor.
The last thing we need now is the negatives returning.New manager,new team,lets get behind them and support them.
Agood proportion of support has to come from the fans not just the manager A successful team is a team together inclusive of team,manager,supporters and the board

By Lesmundo9/3 21:09Sat Mar 9 21:09:29 2019In response to Re: Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 823

Well put Taimour.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By old and grey9/3 23:07Sat Mar 9 23:07:31 2019In response to Re: Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 780

It's all about next season isn't it ?.

By Morgs10/3 08:21Sun Mar 10 08:21:37 2019In response to Re: Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 743

It's all about next season isn't it ?.

It's strange at this level. How does a new manager prepare for next season down here?
Even with the £££££ available at clubs like Hemel & Ricay there will be few players on contracts that run beyond the current season.
The notion that any youth set-up can be improved to link smoothly to the 1st XI is daft. The gap's too wide now, even down here.
So what does a new man do for a dozen games in spring?
Given his budgets at Hemel & Ricay, it's fair to say Brennan would have been seen as way out of Isthmian Premier price range a month ago.
Getting promotion-calibre players to commit for 19/20 at this stage will necessitate paying over the odds. Those players - & their agents - will be hopeful of beefy contracts somewhere when the usual smattering of "ambitious" businessmen / spivs / fraudsters / idiots (delete as you see fit) "invest" in a few Step Three southeast clubs in the coming months.
Most of this season's squad will be away by August.
A new man can do no more than run his eye over the current playing staff, trying to decide which are good enough and likely to fit into his style of play.
He can also make phone calls to players he fancies. Given Brennan's previous two gigs, I'd be worried if the Club were to "invest" in players who command the salaries paid by Hemel & Ricay. Last summer's arrivals were worryingly expensive.
He's got the gig, but the time to judge him is from August, not now.

By a krinkly11/3 15:03Mon Mar 11 15:03:25 2019In response to Re: Now to kingstonian fc fansTop of thread

Views: 563

Last week while on holiday a good friend with impeccable K's credentials informed me he'd received several messages from somebody claiming to be me, more on that in a later post.

One of the 'messages' was slamming Dean, a forgery from a persistent pest, so when I got home on Saturday evening I was bit saddened to see some genuine K's fans are starting to knock him already. Come on guys, about the only comment I've made so far is that the team are Deano Brennan's work in progress, that's exactly what they are. After the first few matches it's obvious it's going to take a while to get it put straight again. We're told an improvement is already evident (Taimour) and that the approach Dean seems to be making takes time to become effective (Lesmundo), so a bit of patience please. Morgs has got it pretty well summed up, August is the time to start expecting something. That said I'd feel more comfortable with a few more points, and anything less than all out commitment in the SSC would not be acceptable for this K's fan.

'

4 people like this 4 people   

Previous thread: K's Pair Join Farnborough by Football Web Pages.co.uk11/3 09:07Mon Mar 11 09:07:33 2019view thread