ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Support from Kingston Carers Network by John BangsToday 21:15Today at 21:15:55view thread

Oldest article: Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk2/2 16:56Sat Feb 2 16:56:55 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Wilson Joins Harris at K's by Football Web Pages.co.uk19/3 09:34Tue Mar 19 09:34:42 2019view thread

Dean Brennan leaves Kingstonian

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)16/3 19:34Sat Mar 16 19:34:11 2019

Views: 1436

Dean and his assistant Stuart Maynard depart from the K?s after five games in charge.

Read the full news item at http://www.kingstonian.com/news/dean-brennan-leaves-kingstonian/200

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Dean Brennan leaves Kingstonian

By ollie16/3 23:52Sat Mar 16 23:52:02 2019In response to Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 1043

Does any of this have anything to do with a recent ex-manager pestering ex-players and fans? Asking for a fiend.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)16/3 23:54Sat Mar 16 23:54:43 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 1009

Spill the beans!

By supahoops716/3 20:20Sat Mar 16 20:20:58 2019In response to Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 1144

Why?. What on earth is happening at our club?

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Filipo16/3 20:32Sat Mar 16 20:32:06 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 1137

I think the board have a lot to answer for. They have overseen the last two appointments which have been pretty shambolic. There has been a complete lack of stability in the team with both managers bringing in numerous players to the point where us fans don’t know who is coming or going.

This was a season where we had a budget good enough to challenge for the title yet we are fighting relegation.

Dean spoke of his frustrations about the ground situation in his first week as manager. We as fans are frustrated as we have been told fuck all!

It was only last week when we were meant to have a meet the manager session, a chance for the fans to hear the manager’s vision for the club going forward and maybe the board to update us. But NO! Apparently this was cancelled because two of the four board members realised they were actually busy that night. What a fucking joke! You need to sort this shit out sharpish!

5 people like this 5 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)16/3 21:02Sat Mar 16 21:02:23 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 1055

Hope you Fillipo have that wrong.
A meet the manager cancelled cos the board doing other things.That cant possibly be right.
Tragic desperate situation now and the hopeless board need to act fast although nobody has any confidence in them whatsover

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By supahoops716/3 20:49Sat Mar 16 20:49:11 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 1104

A strange appointment in the first place IMO. The guy lives near Luton FFS!
How the hell was he going to travel to Tolworth for training and home matches
2 to 3 times a week. What the hell is going to happen to the rash of players he's
just signed?. It looks now, as if the board have blown a sizeable budget through a
fraudster, got their fingers burned and got into a Craig Edwards situation once again and cut the budget
for the incoming manager. This is indeed a shambles. All the anxieties for the future of the club
are returning and relegation looms.

By MC17/3 13:15Sun Mar 17 13:15:23 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 800

Personally I don't think Brennan was a bad appointment, on paper. It's obviously turned out badly but he had a good CV. As for his travelling - well, lots of managers/players travel a long way. If he gave his word that he was happy to do this, then that's fine. Worth pointing out that we have a fan who drives to home matches from Luton and he seems to get home in about 50mins, so it's not too bad.

For me the mistake was still sticking with Leigh. He should have been replaced last summer. We invested hugely in some top players, and there was no justification at all for carrying on with a manager who had shown nothing before Ks, and nothing at Ks. There was also another opportunity to sack him 5-6 games in, after Hastings. That was another missed opportunity.

I kinda get what Brennan was trying - overhauling the dressing room which had become very toxic under Leigh, getting rid of the bad apples and trying some new players ahead of next season.

However we now find ourselves in a complete mess. We are not yet safe from relegation. We now can't even think about 'building for next season' - as we've come to expect, probably 2-3 of these players here now will be there next season. We need someone to come in, do a proper job for a month and that's that. Dare I say, a Craig Edwards figure...

I hope we can just get someone in to get us a performance ahead of next week. We've all been looking forward to Lewes all season and there will be a huge Ks travelling support. Also Met away and the cup is a chance to salvage something from the season. We need to step up and perform.

5 people like this 5 people   

By reximus17/3 14:43Sun Mar 17 14:43:31 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 744

Leigh ... should have been replaced last summer

This. 100%. Brennan had two hopes of making a success; no hope and Bob Hope. The last minute cancellation of the 'Meet The Manager' suggests all was not coming up roses in the Ks garden. The suggestions from Brennan that we need a permanent future home, followed by his sudden departure, hint at major arguements behind the scenes.

If the Board actually have any plans for Kingstonian that they want the fans to get behind, they need to communicate with us, and urgently. Rumours suggest at least one of them has more financial interest these days in AFCW than Ks.

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By RichardNW17/3 16:23Sun Mar 17 16:23:44 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 766

Points taken Rex, although the obvious reason for his departure among all the conjecture is that he has just lost to the bottom, 2nd bottom and 3rd bottom teams in his last three games. Obviously he has a good CV and obviously a team needs to bed in but I'm not convinced that any outside factors or tensions can account for that dismal start and maybe he just felt obliged to resign?

By BE18/3 11:28Mon Mar 18 11:28:07 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 552

Left Billericay after a short spell. He appears to have upset a lot of players here and the comment about not liking KGF didn't go down too well! The Board really need to get their act together re communication, if not directly to the fans but definitely through the Supporters' club. Kim Harris will be a good fit and hopefully we can draw a line under this unhappy period.

By Ali (ali.kazemi)18/3 22:39Mon Mar 18 22:39:05 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 439

I've no issue with comments about the ground if our manager has/had a desire to speak of a desire for a better future.

From what I hear, he might not have been the one going round upsetting players btw.

By reximus17/3 17:29Sun Mar 17 17:29:51 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 726

maybe he just felt obliged to resign?

I'm sure you're right.

My point was that, when you're handed a poisoned chalice, you're never likely to taste success. We got away with it two years ago, in similar circumstances, when Craig Edwards was brought in to achieve the impossible at the end of Tommy Williams' reign. It beggars belief that the Board thought they could perform the same miracle twice in a row.

Let's face it; Leigh Dynan was a shit appointment from day one. The Board should've had the balls to face up to that straight away. They backed a total loser with huge sums of money and stood by him as he continued to under-perform.

rex

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Alastair17/3 19:19Sun Mar 17 19:19:15 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 711

I have no idea how anyone can dislike Rex's post, or at the very least how anyone can disagree with this bit:

"They backed a total loser with huge sums of money and stood by him as he continued to under-perform"

It seems from Twitter that some people out there not only don't think Dynan should have been sacked; they actually don't think he did anything wrong at all. Delusion so strong they should see a doctor.

It's also deeply unpleasant to see acolytes of Dynan basically goading the club online. What a classless group of charlatans they all are. Not a single one of them has achieved ANYTHING on their CV that matches what Brennan achieved at Hemel, yet they feel they can laugh. Utterly pathetic.

Edited by Alastair at 19:20:14 on 17th March 2019

8 people like this 8 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By a krinkly17/3 19:40Sun Mar 17 19:40:52 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 679

Alastair, I'd be a bit wary of the validity of some of Rex's dislikes, he seems to have at least one who dislikes just about anything Rex posts whatever it is. As for the social media stuff (I don't do any of it myself) again is some of it an anti K's trouble maker? I've now had two occasions that I know of recently when I've been trolled on blogs (BBC and one a lot closer to K's), for all I know there are others out there. The same obsessed individual has also had it in for Rex, among a number of other genuine K's.

'

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus17/3 19:50Sun Mar 17 19:50:57 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 658

be a bit wary of the validity of some of Rex's dislikes

You'd be better to be wary of some of my likes.

rex

4 people like this 4 people   

By supahoops717/3 14:13Sun Mar 17 14:13:18 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 765

No, quite right. He wasn't a bad appointment in terms of his CV and past record.
I'd really like to know why Dean Brennan resigned after yesterday's game with
immediate effect? Why?

By Paddy (Paddy1)16/3 23:11Sat Mar 16 23:11:56 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 1034

Actually starting to miss Tommy now & that in itself is an inditement on the situation!

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By old and grey17/3 17:49Sun Mar 17 17:49:48 2019In response to Re: Dean Brennan leaves KingstonianTop of thread

Views: 760

Call for KIM HARRIS until seasons end maybe
the answer,is he free?.

Previous thread: KINGSTONIAN VIDEO: RICHMOND ROAD by David Crawt18/3 10:08Mon Mar 18 10:08:48 2019view thread