ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: flags/banners/bedsheets by Peter BorrettYesterday 22:25Yesterday at 22:25:49view thread

Oldest article: Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk12/1 17:02Sat Jan 12 17:02:17 20193 people dislike this 3 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Frank Wilson is appointed as Kim's assistant by www.kingstonian.com18/3 22:26Mon Mar 18 22:26:29 2019view thread

Comet article

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)19/3 08:17Tue Mar 19 08:17:59 2019

Views: 1269

https://www.surreycomet.co.uk/sport/17510635.dean-brennan-departure-shocks-kingstonian/

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Comet article

By Alastair19/3 10:46Tue Mar 19 10:46:47 2019In response to Comet article Top of thread

Views: 991

Important article which is starting to bring to light some of the bigger issues behind the scenes. Brennan had no chance.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By John Bangs19/3 23:01Tue Mar 19 23:01:50 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 639

How can you say he had no chance. Dean was given scope to make substantial changes to the squad but only got one point from five matches and then having got rid of several good players cleared off and left us in the lurch.

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By reximus20/3 09:43Wed Mar 20 09:43:21 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 572

Brennan was undermined from within by one of the Directors and from without by the previous Manager, presumably encouraged by that same Director.

rex

By RichardNW20/3 11:12Wed Mar 20 11:12:31 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 545

@ Rex

I accept that an ex manager might be capable of stirring things but it doesn't make any sense for a Director to undermine his own manager just because his mate got sacked- it would be a massive act of self harm for no purpose. Of course that doesn't make the statement false but there doesn't seem to be any logic behind it.

I'm absolutely willing to have an open mind on all of this but the problems I have with the PKK statement, while accepting the possibility it is true or half true, is that there are no quotable names giving examples of what this Director has specifically done. The Comet quote from the manager suggests the same sort of reasons but is exceptionally vague.

What does interfering with player payments mean? Surely it is the board who pays the players anyway and surely they have contracts even if on a game by game basis?

Where are the examples of interfering with selection of players and tactics?

The other thing that puzzles me is that if a manager had a problem with one member of the board, then why wouldn't he have raised this with the rest of the board who I assume are more senior and have put more money into the club? If he had and nothing was done then presumably he'd have a problem with the whole board.

To my mind the obvious explanation is that relationships broke down and tensions developed after an exceptionally bad set of results. I'm open to other explanations but they'd have to be a lot more specific than what has been said so far.

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By The PKK (PKK1)19/3 11:19Tue Mar 19 11:19:03 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 1060

The PKK can confirm from conversations with a number of ex-players that the problem is a single member of the Board, a loose canon who was brought on to the Board to assist with Marketing and Sponsorship but seems to have taken on the role of ‘Director of Football’ with disastrous consequences.

This Director brought in Leigh Dynan, and then supported his ludicrous revolving door policy. He was the lone voice on the Board clinging onto Dynan when his co-Directors wanted to replace him and, when Dean Brennan was appointed, he busied himself in the Dressing Room, interfering in player payments, selection and tactics. (This is understood to be the main reason Brennan left.)

Members of the Board read this forum; they know who we’re talking about – and we want them to know that we know. We call on them do something to bring him to heel – and quickly, before he undermines Kim Harris who actually knows how to manage a football team.

12 people like this 12 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By John Bangs19/3 22:44Tue Mar 19 22:44:10 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 644

If this were true this would indeed be concerning but this is a typical PKK cocktail of fantasy and fiction. You get hold of snatches of information and concoct a narrative.

We do not have a Director of Football and nobody is acting as such. This is simply not true.

3 people like this 3 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Filipo20/3 06:09Wed Mar 20 06:09:38 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 616

John instead of continually backing the board as you always do maybe actually speak to current and ex personnel at the club. A number of fans and others connected to the club are all saying the same thing.

By John Bangs20/3 07:39Wed Mar 20 07:39:14 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 601

Well it depends who you talk to I guess. I can see that you have several malcontents saying similar things but that does not make it true.Most of this seems to compromise of what people heard from someone else. What I have heard about this gives me quite a different impression so we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

What we do seem to agree on is that Kim and Frank and their deserve all our support so I would personally suggest we all focus on that.

By Alastair20/3 09:30Wed Mar 20 09:30:53 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 561

John,

I'm not a malcontent, and I don't think there's any need to be using such terms. And, by the way, I'm afraid you're wrong.

I'd suggest you stick to marketing, at which you truly are excellent and where you add so much to the club. Sound familiar?

By John Bangs20/3 10:02Wed Mar 20 10:02:42 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 538

Well your probably right that the term “malcontents” was unhelpful so apologies for that.

However, I am not wrong because what I said is simply that I have heard different accounts of the events which give me a different impression to that which you and some others have.

I am quite happy to concede that I know more about community engagement and marketing than how to run a football club but like yourself I am entitled to my opinion.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Filipo20/3 08:22Wed Mar 20 08:22:54 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 564

You can disagree all you want but look at the state the club is in! Not a word from the directors again! Oh and who have you been speaking to? Kingstonian Ted?

I see you tried your usual tactic of bumping other posts to try and bury bad news. Problem is this issue isn’t going away!

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By John Bangs20/3 08:41Wed Mar 20 08:41:05 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 557

If I was trying to bury this tread I wouldn’t be corresponding with your good self now would I?

I can see that you plan to grind on about this for some time to come which is your prerogative. I do though reserve the right to try and discuss things that are not part of the latest PKK campaign .

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)19/3 23:00Tue Mar 19 23:00:31 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 594

But JB the PKK didnt say we have a Director of football but someone who is purpourting to be.
I must say stories are out there which back up the claims of a "rogue" director trying to take control himself.It is not good and needs to be challenged.

2 people like this 2 people   

By John Bangs19/3 23:03Tue Mar 19 23:03:43 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 621

They did say thatbut they have no evidence for this because it is not true.

By Southampton K20/3 00:07Wed Mar 20 00:07:21 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 580

Do you have evidence to show it's definitely not the case?

Ergo, it is true.

Paul
Southampton K

By Suom Ynona19/3 12:42Tue Mar 19 12:42:49 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 893

Is this the same person that used to berate Dowson after games?

Edited by Suom Ynona at 12:42:59 on 19th March 2019

7 people like this 7 people   

By Filipo19/3 12:48Tue Mar 19 12:48:22 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 874

Is this the same person that used to berate Dowson after games?

I think it might also be the same person Dowse banned from the training ground!

7 people like this 7 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Suom Ynona19/3 13:03Tue Mar 19 13:03:25 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 865

I think it might also be the same person Dowse banned from the training ground!

Very interesting! Didn't know this. It does explain a few things though...

By walton02619/3 17:31Tue Mar 19 17:31:47 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 753

Guys I’m new to this and was pointed in the direction of it earlier . I have been supporting Ks for only 2 years and I know a board member hence why I started going to the games. I see and hear a lot of what’s goes on and yes it’s been a disappointing end to the season. The board you have work tirelessly in the background and only want what’s best for the club and supporters. Like any board they have an interest in team affairs / training just as the big premier league clubs do and why not? They are all contributing financially to the running of the club!!! Bearing in mind that’ teams in the championship don’t even make enough money to stay a float with out cash injections . You have a sold board of directors who only want one thing and that’s getting the club promoted!! The latest manger got one point in his time at the club and wanted to build his own squad letting many players leave. 👍🏻 The board backed him and he resigned !!! What more can they do?

Edited by walton026 at 17:33:11 on 19th March 2019

3 people like this 3 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

By reximus19/3 20:02Tue Mar 19 20:02:17 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 706

From Wikipedia (and therefore unimpeachable!!!) in a discussion on the role of a Director of Football:

"there are many examples of tensions arising between directors and managers, often due to questions over the remit and powers of the two positions; particularly with regard to control over transfer policy. This had led to many well publicised and often, highly damaging disputes within clubs"

rex

By John Bangs19/3 21:22Tue Mar 19 21:22:39 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 663

We don’t have a Directors of Football. This sounds rather like another one of your creative fictions

2 people like this 2 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

By reximus19/3 21:43Tue Mar 19 21:43:44 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 628

What? It's an excerpt from an article, discussing the perils of directors interfering in the proper business of management.

rex

By John Bangs19/3 22:01Tue Mar 19 22:01:24 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 624

True enough that this a quote from an article but we don’t have a Director of Football .

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Alastair20/3 09:35Wed Mar 20 09:35:16 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 529

We also don't have a big budget, right?

By Southampton K20/3 00:04Wed Mar 20 00:04:38 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 594

No one has said we've got one, just someone acting as if they were, well outside of their remit - hence reporting it as that is a serious problem if true.

Paul
Southampton K

By Suom Ynona19/3 18:05Tue Mar 19 18:05:19 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 738

I agree that they put in a lot of time, effort and their own money into the running of the club. It is very much appreciated and that point isn't in dispute. What is however, is the apparent interfering in team affairs, undermining managers, persistently backing someone irrespective of all the evidence showing that they need to go and finally alienating the remaining supporters that we have with constant lack of communication/dialogue.

Once you add all of those things together you get the current feeling, which for a majority of supporters is frustration. That in a nutshell is why some of the directors are being slagged off on here.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By walton02619/3 20:31Tue Mar 19 20:31:52 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 673

Most Morden clubs don’t feel the need to say much about the running of the club to supporters. They back Leigh with budget and the players he wanted and it went sour. The next team of managers tried to changed out the players far to quickly and it backfired, the board gave them total control and backing! I’m sure if any disgruntled supporters wanted to but their hard earned wages in the club and offered hours of unpaid commitment to the Ks they would welcome you to join the board.

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Filipo19/3 18:28Tue Mar 19 18:28:18 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 775

Yes we all want Ks to get promoted and we are grateful that the board have shown great ambition with the budget provided this season, however why are we now fighting relegation?

Sorry I do not agree with your points about an interest in team affairs and training as that is the purpose of appointing managers and coaching staff. No manager would be happy with that level of interference.

Yes, Dean Didn't get the results and ultimately that is not god enough. It does appear that he has been undermined by one of the board members which is totally unacceptable. You make the point about Dean being able to bring in his own players and this is one of the main reasons for the failure. Yet again a manager was given free reign to bring in players despite having an established squad.

We have now used 90-100 players since the certain director being referred to has been involved in the club. How can you build a settled team with so many changes? They should have learnt the lesson from Dynan. Dean should have been told to work with the strong squad he inherited and bring in a couple of players to improve the team.

From what I have heard from some recently departed players also is that after Dynan departed, the players were asked who they wanted as the new manager. A name was agreed and to the players surprise, this person was not brought in.

Finally, you say about the board wanting what is best for us fans. How can they possibly know when they refuse to engage with us? The late cancellation of the meet the managers meeting is proof of this. Attendances are still dire and we have no information on our ground situation. I am shocked that a club of our size refuses to engage with and make best use of the loyal supporters we have.

We'll see on Saturday a great Ks following getting right behind the manager and the team as we always do but its now time for the board to accept their mistakes and work with the fans going forward.

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By supahoops719/3 19:09Tue Mar 19 19:09:36 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 710

So, who was the manager that the players wanted?

By My lovely horse19/3 21:45Tue Mar 19 21:45:14 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 637

I’m not sure that players who are clearly underperforming should be getting their manager of choice? Sounds a bit like excessive player power. In which case it isn’t that relevant.

Edited by My lovely horse at 21:49:51 on 19th March 2019

5 people like this 5 people   

By Filipo19/3 22:24Tue Mar 19 22:24:41 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 630

Of course it shouldn’t be down to the players what manager comes in. It is however relevant and it shows what sort of actions are going on!

By My lovely horse19/3 22:48Tue Mar 19 22:48:42 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 599

Your previous post seemed to suggested that whoever the players wanted should have been brought in.

By Filipo20/3 06:05Wed Mar 20 06:05:54 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 567

Maybe read it again then. At no point did I say ‘should’ have been brought in. I do not agree with that approach of asking the players but it is just another example of the shambles behind the scenes.

By supahoops719/3 08:44Tue Mar 19 08:44:47 2019In response to Comet article Top of thread

Views: 973

Player liaison, discord with one member of the board,
player strategy?. What does that all mean, exactly?

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Ali (ali.kazemi)19/3 11:39Tue Mar 19 11:39:35 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 955

I think it eludes fairly clearly to some potential issues behind the scenes.

I've heard similar stories from sources other than ex players and the PKK, so this is really worrying.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly19/3 12:04Tue Mar 19 12:04:17 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 916

In a private limited company it is up to the shareholders to appoint or remove directors at a general meeting of the shareholders. I'm guessing now but I think that should include convening a special EGM for a specific purpose. Directors are of course free to resign their positions with the agreement of other board members.

'

Edited by a krinkly at 12:08:44 on 19th March 2019

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)19/3 08:46Tue Mar 19 08:46:10 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 954

Intreging

By a krinkly19/3 08:55Tue Mar 19 08:55:49 2019In response to Re: Comet article Top of thread

Views: 958

Intreging?

Is that yet another form of internet trecking?

'

Previous thread: Twitter Poll by reximus18/3 17:56Mon Mar 18 17:56:41 2019view thread